4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice on homebrew race's power

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Advice on homebrew race's power Empty
PostSubject: Advice on homebrew race's power   Advice on homebrew race's power EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm designing a new player in our group a homebrew Shifter based on Wereboar's but I'm having a bit of trouble trying to come up with a decent effect for their shifting racial power. Thus far, it gives temporary hit points equal to 1/2 level + ability mod, but I have no ideas on what sort of an effect to give it that will stand out from the Longtooth and Razorclaw, but also be good enough to last an entire encounter. Any thoughts on where I should go with this? I'd like to make it something that is not tied to class or use of weapon/implement attacks.

Thanks in advance :)
Back to top Go down
Mezlo
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Advice on homebrew race's power   Advice on homebrew race's power EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:08 pm

What about actions like charging, pushing and knocking prone to reflect the boar's nature? I wouldn't know how to make it balanced though.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: Advice on homebrew race's power   Advice on homebrew race's power EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:23 am

I'll echo the charging sentiment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on homebrew race's power   Advice on homebrew race's power Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on homebrew race's power
Page 1 of 1