4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pash's Races: Half-Oni

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pashalik
Pashalik

Pash's Races: Half-Oni Empty
PostSubject: Pash's Races: Half-Oni   Pash's Races: Half-Oni EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 am

Diverging from the lackluster Monster Manual Oni, my Half-Oni is the result of a more traditional japanese Oni breeding with a humanoid. Such halfbreeds are fairly rare, as Oni are rare, though as Oni tend to be fond of drink and lechery, Half-Oni can appear in almost any race. Such individuals tend to find themselves possessed of strength that borders on the supernatural, as well as the ruddy red skin, pointed ears and protruding lower canines of their parent race. Some even grow small horns upon their foreheads during puberty.

Racial Traits:
Average Height: 5'10"-7'10"
Average weight: 180-340lbs.

Ability Scores: +2 str, +2 Con or Cha
Size: Medium
Speed: 6
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Primordial
Skill Bonuses: +2 athletics, +2 Arcana
Supernatural Toughness: Each encounter, when you first are bloodied, you gain 5/10/15 temp hp.
Stability: If an effect forces you to move, you may choose to move one less square than the ability specifies.
Brute Force: You gain a +5 bonus to strength checks to break inanimate objects and you ignore the damage resistance of inanimate objects.

Tiger-Ox Resolve
Minor Action
Requirement: you must be bloodied
Effect: You gain 5/tier thp. In addition, you gain resist all 2/tier until the end of your next turn.

Racial Feats:

Oni With An Iron Club:
Pre-requisite: Half-Oni
Benefit: You gain proficiency with all hammers and maces. In addition you gain a +1/2/3 bonus to damage roll while wielding such weapons.

Oni Presence:
Pre-requisite: Half-Oni
Benefit: You can use your Strength bonus in place of your Charisma bonus when making Intimidate or Charisma Checks. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks.

Iron Hide:
Pre-Requisite: Half-Oni
Benefit: You gain an additional healing surge. You may add your strength or charisma bonus to your surge value and surges per day, in place of your constitution bonus. In addition, you may add your strength or charisma value to your total hit points in place of your constitution value.

P.S. I hope to post one race each week. Feedback is welcomed, especially from those who have tried my stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Pash's Races: Half-Oni   Pash's Races: Half-Oni EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 am

I can see most players popping the racial power off the second they become bloodied, but the race's Supernatural Toughness feature doesn't mesh well with it. Might want to rework both features to function better with one another. I'd rewrite Supernatural Toughness to give temp HP at the start of an encounter myself.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Pash's Races: Half-Oni   Pash's Races: Half-Oni EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:00 am

I agree with Sama. The race seems good though overall.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: Pash's Races: Half-Oni   Pash's Races: Half-Oni EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 am

Agreed with both posters above me. Looks great otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Fardiz
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Pash's Races: Half-Oni   Pash's Races: Half-Oni EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:11 am

Rather considerable overlap with Dwarves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pash's Races: Half-Oni   Pash's Races: Half-Oni Empty

Back to top Go down

Pash's Races: Half-Oni
Page 1 of 1