4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management

Go down 
+4
Admin
thanson02
Galstaff
Athistaur
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management Empty
PostSubject: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:03 am

Hello,
i've been bothered for a long time that while there are several mapmaking programs or campaign managers out there none of them was really usable on a tablet and they were all missing features which i felt i needed.

So i wrote the Dungeon Master Folio.
You can find the webApp  @ 
      Dungeon Master Folio (www.athistaur.net)

I use it for my own campaigns and will continue to extend it and develop features. I think others may benefit from this as well.

Among other things you can:
- Homebrew monsters with a lot of premade powers. Most calculations are done by the Folio.
- Homebrew your own powers.
- Design encounters. Xp and Encounter Level is calculated.
- Track Adventures, players and campaign progress.
- Write notes, save pictures (for handouts)
- Hombrew item cards or power cards
- A Desktop allows you to arrange your notes, encounters, ... like a storyboard or a mindmap.
- Zoom in on the Desktop to create dungeon layouts and battlemaps.

While all controls are in english (or icons anyway) some of the premade content may be in german language.

You can use it as an App on your tablet (add to homescreen for fullscreen) or you can access it from any modern browser.

It's free and my gift to the community. You do not need to enter an E-Mail or other personal Information. There are no annoying ads.
If you find bugs or have suggestions for improvement feel free to tell me.

Dungeon Master Folio

With kind regards,
Athistaur

Last edited by Athistaur on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Galstaff
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Galstaff

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am

Awesome! Thanks!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi,
i continued to add more features, like afflictions, notes on monsters and more.
I also created and maintain a google+ page:
google.com/+AthistaurDe_Folio

If you have any questions how to use the Folio please feel free to ask me.
Athistaur
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 am

I am liking this page!!  Thank you!

For the monster section, I love the custom monster and template features.  Are there pregenerated templates from the DMG on the page that we can add in addition to the custom template feature?  Also, are you thinking of adding pictures at some point of the monsters?

Also under the Card builder, are you thinking of adding Martial Practices at some point?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Admin
Class: Admin
Race: Immortal Astral Being

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:20 am

This is a very useful tool for 4e DM and Players. I'm stickying this.
Back to top Go down
https://4enclave.forumotion.com
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 3:58 am

thanson02 wrote:

For the monster section, I love the custom monster and template features.  Are there pregenerated templates from the DMG on the page that we can add in addition to the custom template feature?  Also, are you thinking of adding pictures at some point of the monsters?

Also under the Card builder, are you thinking of adding Martial Practices at some point?

Hi,
there should already be some pregenerated templates. You can't see them in the template editor because you can only temper with your own templates.
But if you create an encounter and select a monster you will see a box below a standard monster, click on the box and you can see and choose from all templates.

I will not add pictures to all monsters i homebrewed, that is out of scope. But it should be no problem to allow to attach pictures to the monsters. I'll see into that.

To add a layout for martial practices should be no problem as well, as they are very similar to rituals as far as i remember.
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:46 am

Athistaur wrote:
thanson02 wrote:

Hi,
there should already be some pregenerated templates. You can't see them in the template editor because you can only temper with your own templates.
But if you create an encounter and select a monster you will see a box below a standard monster, click on the box and you can see and choose from all templates.

I will not add pictures to all monsters i homebrewed, that is out of scope. But it should be no problem to allow to attach pictures to the monsters. I'll see into that.

To add a layout for martial practices should be no problem as well, as they are very similar to rituals as far as i remember.

Awesome!  Thank you.  I liked the idea of the old beta version of the Adventure Tools the WofC came up with and was able to play around with it when it wasn't being glitchy.  This seems to fill the roll and then some!!
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 am

Monster pictures is now implemented. In the monster editor you can choose a picture from your gallery and it becomes attached to the monster. You will now be able to see this picture in Encounters and just like the monster description you can click the picture to hide it.
If you do not find a suitable picture in the gallery you can upload your own (press "upload picture" in the gallery).
Please understand that i do not intend to violate the copyright from wizard of the coast, so there will be no monsters or pictures straight from the monster manual.
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:00 pm

I had a look at the martial practices.
They are so extremly similiar to rituals that i do not even know what should be different. Basiclly you have rituals without a Category.
To create a martial practice(or ritual) with the Folio:
Under "Cards" -> "create new card"
Switch from item(default) to ritual.
Set the desired name and level of the ritual and press "save".

Next choose "Ritual Main" and change the Sub-title from 'ritual' to 'Martial practice'
Add Fluff as desired and press "save".

Choose "Time and duration"; for a martial practice leave the category blank. Enter values for time and duration. Press "save".

Choose "Cost and Skill"; The values for component cost and market price are prefilled and should be about right. Enter the Keyskill for your martial practice . Press "save".

Finally finish the martial practice with the description of its "effect" and possibly a "table" for the Check.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:53 am

Is there some way we could share content we create with other Players/DMs within the tool?
Say I just put up Forge Mastery as a martial practice and would like others to be able to look at and review it perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:33 am

Hi,
Lets assume you want to share a martial practice called: "Forge Mastery"
there are 2 ways to do that:
Arrow   If you want to share it as a DM with other DM's /Folio users:
If you share an adventure you automatically share all content inside.

Under "Adventures" you can set your adventure from "privat" to "public".
Now everybody can choose this adventure to see all cards, monster and desktops inside this adventure that are only connected to the adventure and not your campaign.

Others may see them, but not edit them. You may want to create a new adventure for the purpose of sharing single elements if you like to share only a few elements.

Please recognize the "Card belongs to adventure" and "Card belongs to campaign" checkboxes.
If you check that your card belongs to the adventure only people looking at this adventure will be able to see it. (Recommend setting for sharing)
If you check that your card belongs to the campaign only people looking at this campaign will be able to see it. (Recommend setting for elements unique to your players)
You need to set at least one of these.

Another option:
Arrow   If you want to share it as a DM with your players:
Get yout players to at least create an account in the Folio and tell you their username or Player-Tag (a number on the index page right next to your name).
Under player management add these players to your campaign.

Go to Cards and select "Forge Mastery".
You will see an icon Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management Handoutnext to a +selection. There you can select one or multiple of your players.
This method works for other things like notes and pictures as well and is intended for handouts during or after a session.

Right now there is no mechanism for reviewing or commenting on things. As i said it started as my personal toolbox and i dislike speaking to myself. Very Happy  
However, i already implemented what thanson02 suggested and if there is continued interest i'm happy to implement this.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Being a big fan of new content and wanting to share it any feature that helps that out would be on my list.

There is a tool I have used to make power cards in a desk top environment if your app could export to that format and import from it well that would also be more than a bit peachy

Yes it takes a user base to get feature requests and an idea what others might like.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:47 pm

It was because you answered his request I figured that meant you might be interested in implementing improvements and making a suggestion or two wouldnt hurt  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:23 pm

I AM interested in improvements and i'm happy about your suggestions.

Which tool and format are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:11 pm

http://www.theplaywrite.com/dungeons-and-dragons/introducing-the-4e-power-toolkit-create-your-own-classes-races-powers-and-power-cards/

The Power Toolkit... dont think its changed dramatically for a while but it made nice cards.
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 am

I took it on my todo list, but there are a few issues that will complicate it.
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet
Name: Durriken
Class: Disestablishmentarian
Race: Green dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:55 am

Before I register and take a look I would love to see screen shots of what some of the features look like. If the rest of it looks anything like the login/home page, then I don't think I could get past the format. That first page looks like a cat puked. I really hate that old crusty book thing.
Honestly, we're talking about electronic tools in the 21st century, web 2.0 and all that jazz. Make it look like modern web tools.
TjD
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks for the honest opinion.
You can switch between 2 designs: The "cat puked" design as you called it  Twisted Evil 
and a design that at least has the intention to look more like an ios 7 design.
(you can switch this under profiles once you loged in)
I'll create some screen shots in a few seconds.

This are screenshots from the encounter tool:

Design Folio:

Design Flat:
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 am

Garthanos wrote:
Being a big fan of new content and wanting to share it any feature that helps that out would be on my list.

Hi, finally finished another big feature that i hope you'll like.

You can now share content you created outside the Folio.
For monsters, items, afflictions, powers, pictures you now have a share button creating a permalink like the one below where you can rate and comment on your hombrew.

www.athistaur.net/dmf/share?id=4
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Great! right up my alley
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:57 pm

how do I delete a card?
Back to top Go down
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 3:05 am

Hi,
right now you can't. But that shouldn't take me too long to implement.
[edit]
Now you can. Just click on the red delete icon in the card editor and confirm.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks that seemed a vital feature to be missing.  Surprised 

www.athistaur.net/dmf/share?id=7
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 5:44 pm

So decided to test drive this. First impressions, pretty Cool but very slow on my Android Tablet.(Though might just be my Tablet. It does nearly everything slow.) Second impressions, would like a "Manual" control for the Monster Maker, particularly for Damage dice. 2d4+2 does not equal Brute Damage at any level I'm afraid, not even 1st! All I really need is a way to assign the Die type and Tweek the results a bit. This allows the user to fix math problems such as Attack does Ongoing Damage as well as regular so regular doesn't need to be as high and stuff of that sort. Also, would like to be able to Swap/Trade Monsters and stuff with others who use the program eventually. So we can have a community library of them to choose from at some point.

All told, it has a lot of potential! Just needs a few tweeks and stuff, and it should be very useful!

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
Athistaur
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:02 am

Hi,
concerning the damage. I'll try to avoid to step on the toes of Wizards of the Coast by not copying their tables. I keep close to the recommended damage values from the DMG 1 and by close i mean I'm hitting them exactly about every 3 levels but smoothed out the numbers.
The math problems until now were solved within the system. For example a power that deals ongoing damage is 'reduced' to controller damage and in the Power description an 'ongoing 10Tier damage' is added. The 10Tier is replaced with the Tier of the monster *10. (a Level 16 monster would be Tier 2, so it would be a total of 20.)

The exchange of monsters is already included and quite easy. If you are in the monster editor you see two icons:
- An eye; klick on the eye to switch between "privat(only you see the monster)" and "public(all users see this monster)".
- A box with an arrow pointing out of it; klick this icon to create a permalink to your monster which allows other to rate it or comment on it.

I'll keep in mind what you mentioned about tweaking damage.

It's a web app, the speed is entirely dependend upon your internet connection. If you want to speed it up a little i recommend to switch the UI design theme from "Folio" to "Flat" under profiles.

Cheers,
Athistaur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management   Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Master Folio - WebApp for 4e campaign management
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next