4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Epic Tier Campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

Epic Tier Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Epic Tier Campaign   Epic Tier Campaign EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am

I am still in the middle of my current Paragon Tier campaign and I expect this campaign to last probably through most of 2015 (given our current game schedule). However, I am outlining possible future campaigns for my group.

And so I turn to the more skilled players and DMs here with a request. How many of you have played an Epic Tier campaign? What pointers can you give me for running one or playing in one? I'm looking for whatever input I can get from people who have actually played. I have an outline of an overall story arc about a dead god and a prophecy and all of that, but I really need more information before I go diving in to this.

So if you have some experience in this, let me know as I'd love to hear from anyone who has real table-time with Epic Tier.

-Syd
>:)
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Epic Tier Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Tier Campaign   Epic Tier Campaign EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:13 pm

I know Sly Flourish has some books and PHD&D on YouTube has information on running Epic level games. Defiantly ask around to get more detailed descriptions and first hand experience, but these are good places to start from what I have seen.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet

Epic Tier Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Tier Campaign   Epic Tier Campaign EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Yeah, I have the Sly Flourish Epic Tier Handbook. Really good stuff in there. I'm hoping to have some conversations with people about it. I likely won't run that campaign next, but eventually I want to do it.
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Epic Tier Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Tier Campaign   Epic Tier Campaign EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:34 am

I've done a couple. If I were to give any advice, I would say to not worry so much about having many battles. Have a few big battles instead. Battles that can really drag them to the edge kicking and screaming, and maybe even throw them over if they can't fight their way out of it. Epic is the tier to give players the best of your worst, especially when they should be capable of utilizing Epic Destinies and other effects to prevent certain death a few times.

I'll post anything else pertinent I think of.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet

Epic Tier Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Tier Campaign   Epic Tier Campaign EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 am

Yeah, the campaign that I had envisioned would be based around a lot of exploring and discovery of things associated with a prophecy. And I had a lot of ideas about puzzle-like things that the party would have to adventure through to find some ancient relic or whatever. But once they found where it was, there would be a huge combat to recover it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epic Tier Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Tier Campaign   Epic Tier Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Epic Tier Campaign
Page 1 of 1