4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Master Tile Sets

Go down 
+2
Felorn Gloryaxe
CHIA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:10 pm

I mentioned this on the WotC boards recently, and this section could use some traffic. I really recommend the 3 Master Tile Sets-City, Wilderness, and Dungeon- to everyone. They are perfect for making the sort of normal scenes in regular places ("Normal" dungeons, forests, towers, etc) that so many of the other tile sets and poster maps are too specific to cover.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:42 am

CHIA wrote:
I mentioned this on the WotC boards recently, and this section could use some traffic. I really recommend the 3 Master Tile Sets-City, Wilderness, and Dungeon- to everyone. They are perfect for making the sort of normal scenes in regular places ("Normal" dungeons, forests, towers, etc) that so many of the other tile sets and poster maps are too specific to cover.

I own one of the boxed sets, and I have to say they are very nice. And cheap too. They allow for an countless amount of dungeons, and are thick and durable.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Yeah, for $20 you get something vastly superior to the normal $12 packs, and with its own nice storage system.
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:46 pm

I was a bit disappointed to see a lot of older tiles being reprinted, but it's not a bad bundle buy for just 20 bucks. The wilderness box has a bunch of older tiles that are no longer in print too, which is nice for folks who missed the 3.5 Dungeon Tile series

I'd give them a 6/10 over all. Worth the purchase, but don't expect anything new from it.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm

^ Which is why they're called "Master Tile Sets." ^
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Such a name should not automatically exclude brand new content. "Classic Tile Sets" would have been better for it in that instance.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:05 am

ToeSama wrote:
Such a name should not automatically exclude brand new content. "Classic Tile Sets" would have been better for it in that instance.

Most of the tile sets coming out around the same time were very setting-specific.
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:38 pm

CHIA wrote:
Yeah, for $20 you get something vastly superior to the normal $12 packs, and with its own nice storage system.

combine them with premade maps and/or battlemat and "dungeon dressing" for extra win.

I really wish I'd been able to fund the Dwarven Forge kickstarter like I did the Reaper Minis one.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:18 pm

I've got a lot of the tiles but getting them organised for use in play is a hassle, especially once you have a few packs.

That's my only complaint about them. Otherwise I really like them.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Scrivener of Doom wrote:
I've got a lot of the tiles but getting them organised for use in play is a hassle, especially once you have a few packs.

That's my only complaint about them. Otherwise I really like them.

I pretty much share this sentiment. Great product with one annoying downside that isn't THAT big of a deal, given how cool they are.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I have the same problems with creature tokens...

I've been meaning to get a bunch of gallon ziploc bags and organizing all of them by creature types.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
I have the same problems with creature tokens...

I've been meaning to get a bunch of gallon ziploc bags and organizing all of them by creature types.
I basically use mine only for minions now unless I'm desperate or travelling. (It's much easier to travel with tokens! Smile)

Last edited by Scrivener of Doom on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

I have many of the early 4E dungeon tile sets. They are nice, but they take up space being stored (and currently I don't know where mine are stored since I moved over a year ago...) And when I have used them, the fact that they don't interlock or otherwise fix themselves in place they typically get knocked around as the players (and I) move the minis around. I like some of them to add flair to the grid, but 99% of the time just using my dry erase tiles is the most efficient.

I use the tokens for creatures a LOT. I do need to organize them better. I have a fishing tackle box with partitions and all. I just need to sort and label them.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:41 pm

I'm kind of OCD so I usually don't use tokens, unless the miniature is too expensive. My background is in miniatures games anyway, so I'm attached to the little guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Master Tile Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Master Tile Sets   Master Tile Sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Master Tile Sets
Page 1 of 1