4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cyvaris' Random Homebrew

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

Cyvaris' Random Homebrew Empty
PostSubject: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm

So, seeing as we have a thread for "gaps" to be filled, I thought I would start posting stuff I've been working on to fill those gaps. Most of the stuff I'll be posting I've used/am using in a game currently and it's just little things that I cooked up to fill in some issues. My plan would be to write up .part files for people so they can use these in CBloader.

First off-Sorcerer King Paragon Path. They don't really have any real "umpph" Paragon Paths. Also, Fell Might gets sort of ignored. It would be a great mechanic if there was some way to gain more than one Fell Might. I figured a Paragon Path would be the best way to fix that.
Took inspiration/balance from the Shadowthief Paragon Path and some general Warlock powers. The intent is to give Sorc King Warlocks one stellar Paragon Path that really focuses on making them better strikers, while at the same time hopefully not being too Overpowered.

Fell-Templar (Subject to change..can't think of a "perfect name" just yet).
Fell-Templar:

Last edited by cyvaris on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I would allow players to keep the two uses of fell might through an action point until end of NEXT turn. Currently best way to use this effect is to spend an action point before taking normal actions, but that's not always the most tactically sound route to go with your action points. EoNT would at least let them make use of both of them before they expire if possible.

Scorned Blast is too huge. Scale it back down to 5 and let them spend a Fell Might to improve area size. Would mix well since the extra Fell gained doesn't stack.

Everything else looks pretty neat. Would actually make me play a Sorcerer King pact Warlock like this Smile
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 am

Scorned Blast I aped from the level one Encounter Cursebite and level thirteen Cursegrind, both of which are Close Burst 20! Cursegrind does the same damage and gets minor boost from the Dark Pact. I halved the size and let it generate a Fell Might. Knocking it down to 5 doesn't hurt it that much though, especially since I see it as something of an opening move when combined with "Two-Fold Curse".

Also, for Scorned Blast, it's giving you a Fell Might that doesn't require you to have your Pact Boon Trigger so you can still stack towards Three. Spending a Fell Might to gain one back seems a little odd....but might work.
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:57 am

cyvaris wrote:
Scorned Blast I aped from the level one Encounter Cursebite and level thirteen Cursegrind, both of which are Close Burst 20! Cursegrind does the same damage and gets minor boost from the Dark Pact.
Huh, I actually did not catch the targeting limitation to Scorned Blast... That's a bit of a downer imo. Cursebite and Cursegrind had great damage potential, but they were limited by their target line and the fact that they did Necrotic damage. Scorned Blast does Psychic, which gives it great feat and item support, but it's most useful means would be as a minion clearer to gain a potential 3 Fell Might at encounter start, which makes its damage a bit moot...

Perhaps keep the burst at 10, and removing the curse target requirement from the target line for a Fell Might instead of a size increase. That would make it more tactically sound as a soft control power, and the payout could be greater with enough minions in range under curse, giving it +1 potential all around.
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm

ToeSama wrote:
cyvaris wrote:
Scorned Blast I aped from the level one Encounter Cursebite and level thirteen Cursegrind, both of which are Close Burst 20! Cursegrind does the same damage and gets minor boost from the Dark Pact.
Huh, I actually did not catch the targeting limitation to Scorned Blast... That's a bit of a downer imo. Cursebite and Cursegrind had great damage potential, but they were limited by their target line and the fact that they did Necrotic damage. Scorned Blast does Psychic, which gives it great feat and item support, but it's most useful means would be as a minion clearer to gain a potential 3 Fell Might at encounter start, which makes its damage a bit moot...

Perhaps keep the burst at 10, and removing the curse target requirement from the target line for a Fell Might instead of a size increase. That would make it more tactically sound as a soft control power, and the payout could be greater with enough minions in range under curse, giving it +1 potential all around.
The one nice thing about Cursebind/grind is that it's a party friendly AoE. Changing it to a Burst 10....I'd just well make it not ally friendly. Which sort of hurts. Maybe spend Fell Might to remove an ally? Number you spend=allies not targeted.
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 pm

No, it's already a burst 10, I mean to spend Fell Might to remove the limitation of targeting only cursed enemies in the range instead of all enemies in the range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyvaris' Random Homebrew   Cyvaris' Random Homebrew Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyvaris' Random Homebrew
Page 1 of 1