4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First 13th Age character thoughts.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

First 13th Age character thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:37 am

I recently just made my first 13th Age character and was wondering if it turned out right. Here is what I've got:

Name: Wally Chandler
Class: Sorcerer
Race: High Elf
Level: 1

Str: 10
Con: 16
Dex: 12
Int: 12
Wis: 10
Cha: 18

HP: 27
Recovery: 1d6+3

AC: 12, 14 with Spell Fist
PD: 13
MD: 12

Basic Melee Attack: +1, 1d6 (shortsword), miss - 1
Basic Ranged Attack: +2, 1d4+1 (hand crossbow), miss - N/A

One Unique Thing: I was born from a bucket of rain water.
Icon Relationships: 2, Conflicted Archmage. 1, Negative Elf Queen.
Background: Farm Boy +3, Sightseer +2, Magic Academy Student +5

Class Features: Access to Wizardry, Dancing Lights, Gather Power
Talents: Sorcerer's Familiar, Arcane Heritage, Spell Fist

Racial Power: Highblood Teleport
Powers & Spells: Burning Hands, Lightning Fork, Breath of the White, Charm Person.

Feats: Ritual Casting

Equipment: 30 gp, normal traveling clothes, cloak, bedroll, backpack (filled with little things like flint & steel, rations, etc), mother's pendant.

I mainly just need help figuring out if I did the math right. I think I did, but the book is a little hazy on some topics.
Back to top Go down
chaosfang
chaosfang

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Seems you're math checks out; you could also use this automated character sheet by MCKhaos if you want to be doubly safe.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 pm

It's looks OK... except for the horrible, horrible, truly horrible name. Is it a joke campaign?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am

Lol... No. The reason he has a weird name is because he was found on an old human couple's farm (in the bucket he was born in). Their children had all grown up and moved on so they kept and raised him. Giving him a weird name only seemed natural. Of course I could always change the name but I picture his older "parents" to be a bit more on the eccentric side.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:54 am

Of course his "proper" name could always be William.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
Of course his "proper" name could always be William.
Um, great.

There's nothing like a real world name to make you feel like your're playing a fantasy RPG! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 3:12 am

I honestly prefer normal names to the near unpronounceable names typical D&D players like come up with so often. It's really just personal preference. But of course if the DM is running a high fantasy game I will be a little more extravagant/cliche in order to fit in. But then again I'm still running a few characters with extravagant names names... so I really can't complain much. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 am

I despise the R A Salvatore-inspired collection of random syllables linked by random apostrophes but I think that Ed Greenwood, for example, is really good at creating fantasy names that can still be pronounced and not sound like the character is an exile from a d20 Modern game.

Here's a list of Ed's names that I compiled so you can see what I mean: http://my-realms.blogspot.com/2013/09/more-names-by-ed-greenwood-now-there.html

I basically use this list now as a random generator of names for my FR campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 13th Age character thoughts.   First 13th Age character thoughts. Empty

Back to top Go down

First 13th Age character thoughts.
Page 1 of 1