4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

13th Age Class Feature Question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

13th Age Class Feature Question. Empty
PostSubject: 13th Age Class Feature Question.   13th Age Class Feature Question. EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm currently making a paladin and I was wondering about how class features work. Class features have feats underneath them. Do I gain those feats when I choose the Class feature? Or is is just telling me about them?
Back to top Go down
chaosfang
chaosfang

13th Age Class Feature Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th Age Class Feature Question.   13th Age Class Feature Question. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
I'm currently making a paladin and I was wondering about how class features work. Class features have feats underneath them. Do I gain those feats when I choose the Class feature? Or is is just telling me about them?
You gain one feat (slot) per level, including at level 1. Since you have 3 class talents + your class feature(s) + any spells/powers you might have picked up from another class (e.g. Cleric Training), which may have feats associated with them, PLUS you have access to generic feats, you have to decide which feats to take and when to take them.

The idea is that instead of having to go through a looooong list of feats that may or may not be of relevance to your character, each set of feats relevant to your chosen class, class feature, class talent, class powers, etc. would have its own sub-menu of feats, making it easier to see how the feats would affect that game element.

Also, you can approach the concept of feats in two ways:
1. Feats are enhancements to existing character game elements, which you spend your talents on
2. Feats are nameless game elements because you're given the freedom to rename those feats as desired
Back to top Go down

13th Age Class Feature Question.
Page 1 of 1