4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Rescued from the Ashes Character Builds examples and Optimization Guidelines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks for the share! Glad someone got these.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:14 pm

You're all welcome. (I'm the one that got them, hehehe).

But especially thanks to Garthanos for putting them somewhere we can all access them! That's the key thing.

I know that in another thread we had discussed the possibility of "featuring" one of the builds and discussing it in the thread at length, maybe making improvements on the build or adjusting the ratings based upon our experience with it.

In any case, I'm happy that we've been able to save these.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Yeh there are some useful material in there even if you arent a heavy optimizer...
Back to top Go down
MwaO
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:41 am

Useful stuff. Btw, I organized a lot onto Enworld and you're missing Poachable Powers - this is a list of powers useful to poach organized by stat, class, and level. I've ultimately found this to be one of my top 3 threads any time I'm creating a build.Poachable Powers with the Wayback Machine link in it.

But the main list is here:
4e CharOp Rescue
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:10 pm

I can link to your Poachable powers on EnWorld easy enough... thank you.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 pm

So, at one point there was some talk of maybe starting a thread on the builds there. Maybe evaluate some of the favourites and whatnot. Does anyone have interest in doing this? And if so, perhaps we should start in the optimization threads and pick one of the articles to go on.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 2:53 am

I have had my time absconded with by a necessity job search... but wanted to do an article/thread about the Non-combatant/Princess/Lazy Warlord Build.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:09 am

I hate it when real life interferes with fun stuff! Well, hopefully all of that sorts itself out. I can definitely add some firsthand opinions with a Lazylord build as one of my players just ran one in a short campaign I did.

Also, I'm not skilled in webpage modification, but I do have decent skills in formatting documents. Depending upon what everyone thinks, as we do these "reviews" I could take the initial posts and bring them into a PDF document (or something similar) that could possibly be linked from the webpage. The PDF could be a summary of just the mechanics. If this is something that we think is helpful, I can even get some docs put together for a half dozen or so just to "get ready" for future discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines   From the Ashes:  Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines Empty

Back to top Go down

From the Ashes: Character Build Examples and Optimization Guidelines
Page 1 of 1