4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice on the Feywild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Advice on the Feywild Empty
PostSubject: Advice on the Feywild   Advice on the Feywild EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:51 am

My group is about to enter they feywild and I've never run a campaign there. And I was reading over what material I have (Manual of the planes) and I'm not absolutely sure I have it right. I also want to make sure the fey wild feels different from the regular world.

Plotwise Basically apparently the party is going to start by entering the feywild through a fey crossing on top of a frozen mountain peek controlled by an unseelie winter fey lord allied with Mab. I have an unseelie pixie rogue in my party who will be leading my party through. From there they will be heading to the seas to reach a powerful pirate Lord that uses the fey crossing in the sea to raid both the eladrin and humans so they can make an ally of this pirate lord against am army of devils. Also they have a goblin nemesis with an Avandra Gatestone artifact that would be hounding them and may have dealings with Nuchtar.

Its pretty complex and I'm a bit intimidated. Can I get advice on running through the feywild and dealing with campaigns there?

Edit: Oh sorry I just noticed you have 'two' general discussions and that this is the wrong one.
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Advice on the Feywild   Advice on the Feywild EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Hey. So you want to know about running a game in the Feywild? A few notes about that place. First in the Feywild, time works differently. It takes 3 and a half hours to get "There" but only 45 Minutes to get back. The Feywild is a Plane Teeming with LIFE. Things are Bigger and more Powerful there, particularly Beasts, Magical Beasts and Primal Power Source Beings. Undead just don't happen in the Feywild either, and those from Outside it will not enjoy entering or traveling in it. Do not be surprised if the Party Revenent or Vampire suddenly sprouts a "Life".

Well, that is just a bit of my observations from Playing and Running games. If you are looking for more Official Infos, the "Heroes of the Feywild" book and to a lesser extent Primal Power have some good stuff too.

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Advice on the Feywild   Advice on the Feywild EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 4:37 pm

I read some modules from the dungeon magazines for an idea, but thanks for telling me about the time thing and the undead thing. I just hope my players come away from it feeling like "Yes that was the feywild and it was a unique place to be"
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Advice on the Feywild   Advice on the Feywild EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Well, the Feywild is what you make of it. I think you got it right that it should feel different from the mortal realms.

Some things about the Feywild that I tend to play up in my campaign (based in the Shadowfell but with the occasional crossover) are:

LIFE! The Feywild is ALIVE. Everything is brimming with vibrance and energy. As mentioned, undead don't fare well here. Verdancy abounds.

Magic is almost palpable. The Primal and Arcane energies here are omnipresent. The magic infuses everything.

The place is WILD. The most developed city in the Feywild is still overrun by plants and animals. In fact, the plants are part of the cities.

It is DANGEROUS. Just because everything is all lively and energetic doesn't mean it is friendly. Fierce predators roam the forests and jungles. Powerful magic energies will become barriers and obstacles to those that wish to travel across the plane.

That's probably something to get the thoughts running about the Feywild.
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Advice on the Feywild   Advice on the Feywild EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:18 pm

In addition to what has been stated already, I would suggest looking through the Heroes of the Feywild book.  It has a lot of good information on the Feywild for both players and DMs.

In addition, I would suggest checking out this blog:

http://www.neuroglyphgames.com/the-next-dnd-4e-homebrew-bright-beauty

The writer has had an on-going Feywild campaign and writes about the things he has done with it, including homebrewed options such as a Bright Beauty Deck that is similar to the Shadowfell Gloom deck.

There is also a list of all the compiled Feywild Articles from Dragon and Dungeon Magazine on the Wizards Forums, but I am having trouble finding it.

The only other thing I would add is watching movies such as Legend with Tom Cruise and Maleficent with Angelina Jolie.  I thought they both had a good Feywild feel to them and helps a DM come up with the "feel" of the adventure.

Welcome to the Forum, btw.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on the Feywild   Advice on the Feywild Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on the Feywild
Page 1 of 1