4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CBloader for posterity?

Go down 
+10
Nod_Hero
thanson02
Durriken
BearTheCat
Goglutin
skwyd42
Chris24601
cyvaris
Generic Fighter
harvengure
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Never mind, I found it. And it is up and running!! Thank you Durriken!
Back to top Go down
Nod_Hero
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Nod_Hero

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:21 pm

This thread was helpful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nod_Hero
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Nod_Hero

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Working fine on Windows 10, got it up and running in no time.
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:14 am

Now THAT is good to hear. I've been holding off on getting a new laptop until 10 was out. News that the CBLoader doesn't have any issues on it like it did on 8 means I won't have to worry quite so much about eventually losing it due to equipment standards continuing to rise.
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet
Name: Durriken
Class: Disestablishmentarian
Race: Green dragon

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:23 am

You don't have to wait. Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. If you see a good deal, go ahead and make the purchase then upgrade for free when Windows 10 is released.
TjD
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:56 am

Yeah, my laptop is a six-year old i5 machines... pretty solid for its age, but I'd rather update and transfer files BEFORE something catastrophic happens to it. Win8 though was an easy incentive to hold off though.

That said, based on reviews of Win10 and the fact that my laptop is still purring along for what I actually NEED it for (rather than what I'd like to have the option for) I think I'll hold off until about six months after Win10 so that most of the lingering bugs/security holes are plugged and the manufacturers have updated their specs to the actual requirements for Win10 and a lot of the programs I use will have worked out any potential compatibility bugs by then too.

One of the biggest issues Vista had was that it had much higher performance requirements than XP, so when people upgraded their XP systems it turned a smooth operating machine into one that limped along because the basic OS was eating too many resources. I bought a Vista machine about six months after it came out and never had any problems though because the system was actually built with enough processing and memory to handle Vista's load.

I don't know how Win10 compares to Win8 (or Win7) on the system resources side, but given that's never gone down (and I think even Win7 took slightly more than Vista) I think I'd much prefer a system which was built for Win10 than trying to buy a Win8 machine and hope its robust enough to handle it.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Right now I have WinXP emulated on my MacBook Pro and that has the offline CB installed and running like a charm.

I also have the CB installed on my Win7 laptop and it seems to work just fine there as well.

One of my best friends is running a Linux machine and has the CB working through some sort of emulation something or other.

I've been looking at the possibility of running the CB in a WINE install on my MacBook Pro as well. I'm not much of a "fiddler" and so the thought of going through and tweaking little "fiddly bits" here and there to get it to work doesn't sound appealing to me at all. But it does seem like the most likely way to get the CB to work native in Mac OS X. And since there seems to be a fairly robust community for WINE out there, I imagine that this could become a long term solution for me. It seems that a lot of the WINE users are keen on getting older Windows software to continue to function. So I'll see where this leads.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 12:21 am

I am having a pain in the arse trying to make a custom weapon for some reason (I know I had made one in the past -- I made a custom superior Kopesh)

Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
series0
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 am

Um, @Generic Fighter, that link takes me through some ad and download agent stuff that looks downright scamish and dodgy.  Any chance for a vanilla .zip download?
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 am

series0 wrote:
Um, @Generic Fighter, that link takes me through some ad and download agent stuff that looks downright scamish and dodgy.  Any chance for a vanilla .zip download?

some less dodgey looking stuff

http://www.dyasdesigns.com/CharacterBuilder/
Back to top Go down
series0
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 11:03 pm

Nice, ty.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 am

Awesome, this looks just like the files that I have for the CB. I've bookmarked that link for a secondary source. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Has anyone managed to get those to work... my son tried actually for a third party and had no success the update failed to run
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Honestly I find it easier and faster to use the books then the old offline CB builder. They are pretty much all findable online now in PDF form.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 am

I have all of the books in PDF format. But they aren't always that easy to find things. For one, you have to know of a particular feat or power and where it is to look it up in the books. The offline compendium does help a lot, however. I find that is the tool I use the most. But still, for putting together a 4E character, doing it by hand (which I did when 4E first came out) can be a bit of a hassle...
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 6:44 am

Makes a huge difference for me Wink, I do like the process either way though.
Back to top Go down
natiels
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 3:30 pm

I find the offline CB (Character Builder) to be super useful as well. Its pretty much vital to my workflow as I use it to calculate all the power math for my players and track all their powers (including items). I have a couple different apps that import the saved characters from CB so the power data can be tracked during game play and it helps me immensely.

For what its worth I downloaded the CB along with the custom part files from that link posted earlier in this thread and it all worked perfectly for me on a couple computers.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 5:33 am

natiels wrote:
I find the offline CB (Character Builder) to be super useful as well.  Its pretty much vital to my workflow as I use it to calculate all the power math for my players and track all their powers (including items).  I have a couple different apps that import the saved characters from CB so the power data can be tracked during game play and it helps me immensely.

Now that I would love to have, Do they handle custom content from CBLoader well??
Back to top Go down
natiels
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 11:43 am

Garthanos wrote:
Now that I would love to have, Do they handle custom content from CBLoader well??
Yeah, the parser I wrote looks at the final combined file created by cbloader so that includes all the custom content. Also, I use the save data for character files created by CB, that is where the final calculations for all the powers end up. I see that you responded to my other post so if you watched the vid there you saw the tools I was using. I'll try to put something together for public consumption. A few of the changes I made are too specific to my setup so I would need to generalize them before releasing anything.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 5:48 am

natiels wrote:
Garthanos wrote:
Yeah, the parser I wrote looks at the final combined file created by cbloader so that includes all the custom content.  Also, I use the save data for character files created by CB, that is where the final calculations for all the powers end up.  I see that you responded to my other post so if you watched the vid there you saw the tools I was using.  I'll try to put something together for public consumption.  A few of the changes I made are too specific to my setup so I would need to generalize them before releasing anything.

I considered doing something similar a while back, would like to see or even help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CBloader for posterity?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2