4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? Empty
PostSubject: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:11 am

I am actually considering a large resource collapse and trying to figure out how numerically the various resources in 4e relate and interact.

action points
and encounter powers
and healing surges
and dailies

The idea is the resource will recover partially each short rest which follows an encounter and an ability that is a 4e daily might cost 2x an encounter or similar things (or is a daily more potent than that? I suspect it might be)

Heroic Reserves: the intensity and danger of a true encounter spurs the nervous system and the spirit to generate deep heroic resources. Various names exist for this energy, it some times called mana, vigor or life force. (optionally some activities like intense partying or ritual may generate this as well)

In fact with the above flavor a long rest need provides no extra ... but I might allow some recovery upon a long rest even without "true" encounters as long as one isnt in a state of melancholic drudgery.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm not 100% clear, are you asking for values in relation to each other or the amount you should get per encounter (might be less than 1)?
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:42 pm

CHIA wrote:
I'm not 100% clear, are you asking for values in relation to each other or the amount you should get per encounter (might be less than 1)?
Trying to work out relative values yes and total quantities to be recovered... would probably scale everything to remove fractions
Back to top Go down
Fardiz
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 am

Apples and oranges I'm afraid. Some classes have awesome dailies (e.g. the ranger), others forget they exist (e.g. the barbarian).

The devs thought they could balance daily powers against other effects and that gave us essentials...
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 am

I was expecting the Wizard as an example of a class whose dailies are out of synch.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Fardiz wrote:

The devs thought they could balance daily powers against other effects and that gave us essentials...
Thats a yucky thought ... I am inclined to fix instances where dailies arent up to snuff or silly good

The context for using this will be in home grown ummm not really a clone. According to rumor 13th age is fairly well defined in this type of scaling.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Garthanos wrote:
Fardiz wrote:

Thats a yucky thought ... I am inclined to fix instances where dailies arent up to snuff or silly good

The context for using this will be in home grown ummm not really a clone. According to rumor 13th age is fairly well defined in this type of scaling.
If your interested go here: http://www.13thagesrd.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?   How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many surges is an action pt worth? or a daily?
Page 1 of 1