4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. Empty
PostSubject: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 pm

What is your favorite 4e adventure ever written (Or in a few cases updated to 4e)? These can be anything from Keep on the Shadowfell to Revenge of the Giants, to any Dungeon Adventure written. I know mine and it has been my favorite for some time. I think if it was sold in print it could have been one of the best D&D adventures ever written (If it was updated to MM3 math of course). The adventure is: The Last Breaths of Ashenport. 

If you wanna try this out you can download it here: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/duad/20080729
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 am

My gut reaction was Reavers of Harkenwold... then I realised that Shards of Selûne from Dungeon 193 has basically shaped my Neverwinter campaign.

I've made so many changes - and expanded it greatly - but it's still clear that it is Shards of Selûne.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Reavers of Harkenworld is great. So is the recent Rolling Pyramid module.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:06 am

Yeah, the recent Dungeon adventures have generally been good. That's what you get with Chris Perkins in charge. Wink
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 am

Too bad he couldn't have been in charge for all of 4e. The guy seems great. I think it would be kinda funny if we could get him to join these forums... It would kind of be like a middle finger to Next.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:21 am

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
Too bad he couldn't have been in charge for all of 4e. The guy seems great. I think it would be kinda funny if we could get him to join these forums... It would kind of be like a middle finger to Next.
I don't think he will join: after all, he still has a job! Smile

The thing is, Chris is renowned for writing great adventures across 1E to 4E. He was one of the most prolific contributors to Dungeon, for example, before taking over the editorship in what I still see as the mag's golden age in the late 2E years. (Call me a heretic, but I reckon he did a better job than when it was in Paizo's hands.)

If someone can write really good adventures, that means they really grok the system. Chris clearly got 4E, just as he got the editions that came before it. To my mind that would have put him at the top of my list to drive the creation of a new edition because he seems to understand D&D at the practical level of seeing it in play (which is exactly what an adventure is).

(Oh, and Chris used to rate Rich Baker as the best adventure designer at WotC. Frankly, Rich has been my favourite designer for years. He should definitely still be at WotC but it's great to see him flourishing away from that "unsafe work environment".)

By contrast, Mike Mearls is renowned for a lot of the horrible d20 glut - eg, Goodman Games' appalling Underdark Adventure Guide where the ten or so prestige classes each had a unique saving throw progression for each of the three saving throw categories for no explicable reason - and, of course, the incomplete Iron Heroes. If you're wondering why it looks like Next is going to be published incomplete, just look at Iron Heroes as a precedent.

And the real nail (or nails) in the coffin? Keep on the Shadowfell and Pyramid of Shadows. Here we have two of the first three adventures published for 4E and both specifically designed to highlight (1) the early problems with the monster maths and the resulting grind and (2) precisely how not to design adventures for 4E. Those two adventures, IMO, did more to drive the nascent 4E customers into Paizo's loving arms than anything Paizo did. (And there is definitely a coincidence that acronym for Pyramid of Shadows - PoS - is also the acronym for the crude piece of vernacular, piece of (excrement).)

Anyway, if you kill one edition you should not be rewarded with overseeing the creation of the next edition.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 am

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
...The adventure is: The Last Breaths of Ashenport. 
I hope I got that quote code put together correctly...

I LOVED this adventure. I actually chatted with Ari Marmell (the author) on twitter about it. He said it stands as one of his favourite pieces of work. I took the adventure and plopped it down in a remote corner of the Shadowfell for my current campaign. And the players ate it up! I improvised a few things and did a little bit of "shuffling" to fit my game, but it was a great story!
Back to top Go down
frothsof
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
frothsof

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 am

Baelard's Legacy from Dungeon is easily the best official 4e adventure
Back to top Go down
http://frothsof4e.blogspot.com
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Which issue is that Froths?
Back to top Go down
svendj
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
svendj

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:34 am

I love Lord of the White Field myself.

I've read Baelard's Legacy, but it didn't strike me as a really great adventure. What do you love about it?
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:52 pm

I want to run the 4E Against the Giants adventures. It looks amazing. But I'm in the midst of a Paragon Tier campaign right now. And I have (maybe) an Epic Tier lined up after that.

One thing I will DEFINITELY run is the 4E conversion of Lost Shrine of Tamoachan! I absolutely LOVED that adventure when I was first playing D&D. And I was THRILLED that they did a 4E conversion of it. Of course, I was frustrated when it was initially only a DM reward, but WotC redeemed themselves when they released that adventure in Dungeon.

I'm going to make a special point to run that adventure. I might even have to do some work to bump it up to a level appropriate for the party I have right now. It is just too good to pass up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.   Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure. Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite 4e Module, Adventure Path, or Super Adventure.
Page 1 of 1