4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best 4e memories?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Title is pretty self-explanatory.

Hard to pick my favorite, but...lessee

I played in one of iserith's Island of the Frog games (part of the second group to play through) back in the fall. We were having a big showdown on the beach on the island with the Bullywug pirates and the native forces of the island. I was focusing on covering an ailing ally but ended up going off into an area with several tents to chase an enemy down. The Bullywugs' pirate ship made a cannon shot and because of some bad rolls it ended up hitting the ammo tent I had ended up next too (Yeah, big mistake on my part).

And you can all guess what happened next. bom
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:32 pm

CHIA wrote:
And you can all guess what happened next. :bom:

You settled your differences and had tea and cookies?

Cause, y'know, that's what I'd do. No need to tell them that the cookies were poisoned. They'd probably be too worried about the tea being poisoned to even care about what I did to the cookies...

My particularly favorite moment was mid paragon in my second full level 30 campaign (undead themed). The PCs were trying to convince a group of desert marauders to aid them in crushing a local merchants guild that was selling cursed items and turning citizens into undead monsters. The group Bard failed with the diplomacy thing so hard that the marauders almost attacked them... How a Thunderborn Barbarian was able to turn their frown upside down I'm still not sure, but she did so in such a way that the bandits were taken with her right then and there. Definitely not the way I envisioned one of my players becoming the queen of bandits, but hey, it was sure fun to see their reactions when even the lead bandit genuflected XD
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:09 pm

ToeSama wrote:

Closer to
this:
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Heh Very Happy...

One of my best moments with 4e was when my dwarf got drunk at a tavern and ended up hogtied and naked with a half-orc lady sitting on top of him (it's not what you think) telling him to "shush". One thing led to another and it led to one of the best/funniest roleplaying experiences ever. 

I also have one not related to 4e, it happened in a 2e game but I was playing a cleric who just so happened to stumble across a couple of goblins... The DM had originally planned for us to fight these goblins but as they started out not knowing who they were talking to (they were unable to see the party), they called out in Goblin, which only I speak, "Hello? Who's out there?" I of course being a quite honest a to the point player said "Well, whose in there?". Eventually it came to me talking them into trusting by me and the Paladin promising no harm would come to them as long as they did nothing to provoke it, got them to become temporary followers. After a few days of travel and showing off our deities power I actually managed to convert two goblins to my religion. At this point one is working on becoming a cleric of Saint Cuthbert, and another is basically a paladin without being a paladin (basically a holy fighter).

Last edited by Felorn Gloryaxe on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 pm

CHIA wrote:
ToeSama wrote:

Closer to
this:

...So, no tea, and explosives instead of poison? I suppose that too is an idea. Not much for subtlety, but most adventurer groups aren't much for that anyways XD
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:41 pm

ToeSama wrote:
CHIA wrote:
ToeSama wrote:

Closer to
this:

...So, no tea, and explosives instead of poison? I suppose that too is an idea. Not much for subtlety, but most adventurer groups aren't much for that anyways XD

Tea tent? No, no, no, these bullywug pirates were French, not English.
Back to top Go down
ToeSama
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
ToeSama

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 4:08 pm

CHIA wrote:
ToeSama wrote:
CHIA wrote:
ToeSama wrote:

Closer to
this:

Tea tent? No, no, no, these bullywug pirates were French, not English.

Oh, so wine and cheese then...
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Yup. Seeing as they were literal frogs, no frog legs were allowed.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:09 pm

I've managed to convert more goblins now... I will have an army by the time I'm 15th level. I plan on converting other monstrous races too. Gnolls, bugbears, ogres, orcs, etc.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
I've managed to convert more goblins now... I will have an army by the time I'm 15th level. I plan on converting other monstrous races too. Gnolls, bugbears, ogres, orcs, etc.

Sounds fun cherry Could you elaborate? I'm really curious.
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptySun May 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Best 4e memory? Ohhhh this is going to be a long one.

Condensing *somewhat*, the setting we were playing in involved the Eladrin taking over the world. The party was a rag tag bunch of misfits who'd escaped from the equivalent of a concentration camp for political prisoners. After a little mucking about, we acquired a ship. The party had been hired to infiltrate another high security prison in order to rescue several key rebel leaders.

Thus began the most hilarious plan I've ever been a part of. My character was an Eladrin and together with the party Changeling, we maneuvered our ship into the harbor outside the prison. We had trashed the ship before this and had "captured" one of our other party members (a Minotaur). Our ship was boarded and thanks to some awesome rolls the changeling and I were able to convince the guards that we had been attacked....by our characters and had captured one. Our ship was brought into dock and the three of us (Eladrin, Changeling posing as Eladrin and Minotaur) went into the prison.

Meanwhile the Warforged and Gensai infiltrated the prison, by shoving the Gensai into a powder keg. Seeing as Warforged were treated as disposable golems, he didn't need to make any rolls. He was able to leave the powder in the prison armory and walk away. While that was happening, the three of us took the Minotaur to "detention block 1138", passing several other bluff/diplomacy checks along the way. We made it all the way to the main prisoner intake center...and then I failed my bluff check. Thinking fast, I stabbed the guard, (muttered something about it being a boring conversation) and removed the Minotaur's bounds.

It was at this moment that the Gensai ignited himself....and the armory exploded. After a bit of persuading (and a crit on an endurance roll), the DM ruled that the MASSIVE explosion only knocked him out and did not kill him.

Back in the prison, we released a mob of prisoners and started a riot. After some desperate fighting, the party met back up and lead a charge down to the wharfs. Once there, we stole a new ship with our newly free allies. Now with a full crew, we sailed out...and came under attack from the local navy who had blockaded the mouth of the harbor. It was decided that the best course of action was to ram the largest ship. Unfortunately, we botched this rather spectacularly and instead of ramming, our ship merely slammed into the other one sideways and the rigging became tangled. We boarded that ship, killed the crew, freed our rigging.....and sailed out of the harbor with two ships.

It....was rather awesome.
Back to top Go down
hardihood1
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:07 pm

i had an evil character who killed off the party to stop them from destroying a portal for the elemental eye to escape his chains and ruin the world and kill everyone. it can be fun to be evil ones in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:42 pm

CHIA wrote:
Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:

Sounds fun cherry Could you elaborate? I'm really curious.

Basically I have a cleric that is very passive in all that he does. And he believes that people (intelligent creatures) from all walks of life have the right to gather under one roof to worship his deity. He doesn't discriminate against anyone and allows all types to join his cause. Eventually he hopes to open a Human/Monster inspired Cathedral. But until then he has been extending a helping hand towards all walks of life and has been taking them in and showing them the "true way" to a happy life.

Not really an army... But totally an army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best 4e memories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best 4e memories?   Best 4e memories? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best 4e memories?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: