4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Masterplan Libraries and 8.8

Go down 
+2
Verbannon
arcaneshield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 Empty
PostSubject: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am

Does anyone have the old masterplan libraries? I cannot even seem to be able to access my DnDi account, let alone purchase new subscription just to do this one thing. I had the old version of masterplan just before it made you switch over and bind the library files to your computer. Unfortunately, it seems I accidentally deleted it.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 11:14 pm

I've been super, duper slowly adding the monsters and items to my version of masterplan. As I have the DDI Subscription. Maybe we should pool our efforts and resources and get a complete and fully accessible masterplan library around here.
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

I found a full set of libraries using my google-fu a while back.

I don't know where, and it'll take a bit to upload them again. Any suggestions on a host?
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:47 pm

mega.nz or dropbox, zip folder with a password you'll give on this forum.
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Below is a link to some miscellaneous files I've gathered for 4e. I'll be posting a couple more and reorganizing over the next few weeks.  Later on, maybe we can get a stickied depository of useful files, etc.

https://mega.nz/#F!j4kx3BLJ

Decryption keys are a hobby of mine.
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 6:50 pm

What's the key?
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Shoot me a PM if you still need it.
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Currently posted: 11.8 of MasterPlan + all the libraries I have. (I have not had a chance to check for completion, but there is still a LOT of data there.)

There's also the offline CB, CBloader, and some .part files for it. If I remember, I'll throw up the old Adventure tools and the last update I found tomorrow.

All of these things came from various wonderful folks in the community--all have been scanned multiple times, but I encourage everyone to perform their own malware scans every time.

MasterPlan also allows the creation/saving/transfer of campaigns, modules, etc. I haven't seen any posted anywhere, and if there are some creative folsk out there, I'll be happy to dump those into the folder as well.

Verbannon wrote:
I've been super, duper slowly adding the monsters and items to my version of masterplan. As I have the DDI Subscription. Maybe we should pool our efforts and resources and get a complete and fully accessible masterplan library around here.

One other thing, If you have DDI access, there's a program that will allow you to parse/scrape the compendium to grab XML/files. these can be converted to library files for MP (somehow) but also are an easy transition to .monster files for the old offline adventure tools/monster builder. I'd thought about re-upping my DDI susbcription just to do this, but I lost my job recently, so I'm paring back on expenses. Ironically, that also means I have much more time to perform the scraping/formatting. Razz

Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:12 am

You can export the monsters from the DDI adventure tools to your computer whicj Masterplan can import. Its still a slow process.
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Verbannon wrote:
You can export the monsters from the DDI adventure tools to your computer whicj Masterplan can import. Its still a slow process.

Lemme save you some time: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17485-4E-Item-Parser

Much faster than the export function.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Whats a parser?
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm

The short version:

It sends a data request directly to the server, and takes the information it gets in a raw form and drops it into a library file.

The way that one works is it has a small built-in browser that really only works for the DDI pages, you open up the compendium, click the entries you want to export, and hit a button and it mass exports them.
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm

That's not terribly helpful to the lion's share of us who aren't paying Wotc to use software they've blocked and forgotten about.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 3:16 pm

:/ I used the parser thing to get the entire monster manual as a test. It went into something called a db file, how do I get that db file into masterplan?
Back to top Go down
RedJack
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
RedJack

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Verbannon wrote:
:/ I used the parser thing to get the entire monster manual as a test. It went into something called a db file, how do I get that db file into masterplan?

I think there was an option in the parser for different file outputs, you may want to check documentation. Alternatively, you could try https://compendiumimport.codeplex.com/ It's a plugin for Masterplan to do direct compendium downloads. I obviously haven't had a chance to try it, but it's worth a shot.

Also, if you could shoot me the files the parser generated, I may be able to make sense of them, and find a way to port them over.

@Arcaneshield
I'm sorry that I do not have a solution for you right this second. I am very sorry that my attempt to help someone else has made you angry. Perhaps Verb will be kind enough to share the libraries he can put together--and it's his choice to do so or not. In the meantime, I'm sorry that taking my time to share what I have and find ways for other people to get something has caused you distress.
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 5:03 pm

RedJack wrote:

@Arcaneshield
I'm sorry that I do not have a solution for you right this second.  I am very sorry that my attempt to help someone else has made you angry.  Perhaps Verb will be kind enough to share the libraries he can put together--and it's his choice to do so or not.  In the meantime, I'm sorry that taking my time to share what I have and find ways for other people to get something has caused you distress.

Wait, what? What in the heck was that all about? I was just saying most people do not, or cannot give WOTC money for the DDI subscription as they've blocked it all off. I don't know if you were trying to make me feel bad by being overly contrite but there's no anger here, not at you certainly. A bit at WOTC for sweeping 4e under the rug.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 3:31 am

The parser gives 3 options, db, client and common, and masterplan only can import .library, .monster and .creature.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=06420675458276924347&t=0642067545827692434795124

Here is the link to all three files. I think. It went wierd on me though.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 4:08 am

On this topic, is the masterplan source code anywhere? Templates and themes dont work and it shut downs sometimes when level 3 soldier monsters are loaded. So it needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 4:24 am

And I cant figure out how to install plugins into masterplan.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm

arcaneshield wrote:
That's not terribly helpful to the lion's share of us who aren't paying Wotc to use software they've blocked and forgotten about.

So true, I also havent bought any of that betrayal they now do make.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Fox Lee
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
Fox Lee

Character sheet
Name: Fox Lee
Class: Social Justice Barbarian
Race: Stack of Trolls

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 pm

I definitely do not have an errata-complete scraped html compendium that I would happily share via PMs. I certainly do not consider this completely morally acceptable since Wizards disallowed new DDI subs. Everybody should definitely not ask me about it if they're having trouble getting a complete resource.

(Unfortunately not in Masterplan format - I didn't get to the program until after library locking was a thing.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.invincible.ink
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 5:53 am

Fox Lee wrote:
I definitely do not have an errata-complete scraped html compendium that I would happily share via PMs. I certainly do not consider this completely morally acceptable since Wizards disallowed new DDI subs. Everybody should definitely not ask me about it if they're having trouble getting a complete resource.

(Unfortunately not in Masterplan format - I didn't get to the program until after library locking was a thing.)
Understand I am curious about what format it is not... and why you cannot send it to me.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Why Yes Yes I do.   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 8:36 pm

RedJack wrote:
Shoot me a PM if you still need it.

i will do this.
Back to top Go down
gavarally
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 1:00 am

RedJack wrote:

If I remember, I'll throw up the old Adventure tools and the last update I found tomorrow.

I'm looking for it right now, and I feel like some kind of web archeologist. Any chance you still have them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan Libraries and 8.8   Masterplan Libraries and 8.8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Masterplan Libraries and 8.8
Page 1 of 1