4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vice of Contempt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:54 am

Inspired by the thread in general discussion I decided to turn this vice I've been using for my NPCs into a full fledged character option for community review. I had to use an image editor to piece it together and Iused a monster block from masterplan to actually build it. It was also 5 AM so my judgement might have been impaired a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:03 pm

An Interesting concept, on the first read through. Has a bit of PHB2 Avenger stylings with a Bad Guy view point and it feels like a combination of Batman and the Punisher, to use Comic Book terms. I'll have to look at it again when I'm not half asleep due to fireworks and such.

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks it looks like I didn't do that great a job using my image editor to piece together the stat block.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:23 am

A bit more important than whether or not you think its 'unique' is if you think its 'balanced'
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:52 am

Well, it looks at least pretty close to balanced. I like the Spirit of Contempt ability, though it does seem slightly broken when used by a Dragonborn with the right Gear.

The Hostile Mercy power is the kind of unique or odd power that can be broken too, with the right gear. There is a Waist item that gives a high resist to all damage while the wearer it at 0HP or fewer, for example. But it will not happen until level 22 and is a small area, so it is in the balance threshold of the Epic tier so I think it might work out.

"Sow Strife" Is a very effective daily, the kind that can Screw up a whole fight, if used at the right time. Any creature with Threatening Reach is Efed up by this SO MUCH it wouldn't be funny.

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 5:24 pm

I find that 'the right gear' is capable of breaking nearly everything. :p But thanks for your feedback. You said 'effective' but not overpowered with sow strife. So I guess you were just remarking on it. If I get a second opinion approving this custom class I'll consider it approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vice of Contempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vice of Contempt   Vice of Contempt Empty

Back to top Go down

Vice of Contempt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: The Forge-
Jump to: