4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where has this forum been hiding?

Go down 
+6
skwyd42
Felorn Gloryaxe
thanson02
Chris24601
Duskweaver
spectralent
10 posters
AuthorMessage
spectralent
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Where has this forum been hiding? Empty
PostSubject: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:26 am

I've been a fan of 4e for a couple of years, and it's only today, in a thread I read on a whim on rpg.net, that I hear about this place. How's it been hiding from me all this time?!

Well, no matter, glad to see a forum dedicated to this great game, and good wishes to you all!
Back to top Go down
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
Duskweaver

Character sheet
Name: Duskweaver
Class: Invoker
Race: Eladrin

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 11:40 am

The better question would be where are all our members hiding?
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Hey, I've been posting pretty much daily and replies/comments/criticisms are more than welcome with my ongoing project of creating an OGL 4E-ish product.
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:26 pm

I have been in my lair brewing stuff for my players and running adventures.
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:25 pm

thanson02 wrote:
I have been in my lair brewing stuff for my players and running adventures.
That's always the thing isn't it... and while one of the best things about 4E is that there's really not a lot of rules ambiguity that needs regular clarification that's a whole category of conversation that's not something that's going to brew up long discussions due to 'natural language' (and the fact there hasn't been any significant new content in two years doesn't help either).

Likewise, while compiling some of the old CharOps guides would be be helpful, that's more a project than a friendly post.

One thing I might just have to knuckle under and do since frothof's issue two seems to be taking forever is just go ahead and publish my Essentials Options article so people can at least have something new to talk about. That many of the concepts there are also the roots of some of my 'retro-clone' classes is also a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Duskweaver wrote:

That is a good question... Though we do have regular posters and lurkers. We have over 100 members. The forum should be a bit busier. Perhaps I should start advertising the site again. I typically just put a link in any signature on any forums I use... If the Admins allow that of course.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 am

I am a bit sporadic in my activity here. But that's mostly because I tend to be a "responder" and not an "initial poster" on forums. But I have a thought for a possible discussion thread. I just don't know where to start it or how to format it as it could get very cluttered.

I really liked reading the CharOp posts that were on the WotC boards. And I'll still refer to them when I'm looking for ideas for magic items to award the characters in my game. But I don't play optimized games. The characters aren't optimized by any means and our whole group is happy with that. Sometimes, however, I run in to a situation where a player might ask me for my thoughts on feat selection or magic item selection. And while my usual answer is "if it seems cool, then take that feat, you can always retrain next level"; sometimes I'd like to have something a little more helpful.

So I was wondering if anyone would interested in a thread where we discuss "less-than-optimized" character building. For example, the Warden in my group needs to bump his defenses up a bit. He's only got defenses that are as good as the Strikers. I think he can get them a little higher. They don't have to be the absolute highest possible, I would like to see them a point or two higher (on average) than the rest of the party. That's the sort of topics I was wondering if people would be interested in discussing.

Well, I've rambled on for a bit. I should go to work. But if anyone thinks that sort of topic would be interesting/cool, lets start a thread.
Back to top Go down
Tequila Sunrise
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Tequila Sunrise

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:19 pm

spectralent wrote:
I've been a fan of 4e for a couple of years, and it's only today, in a thread I read on a whim on rpg.net, that I hear about this place. How's it been hiding from me all this time?!

Well, no matter, glad to see a forum dedicated to this great game, and good wishes to you all!
Hiya, spectralent, glad to see you here!
Back to top Go down
Tequila Sunrise
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Tequila Sunrise

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Duskweaver wrote:

Chris24601 wrote:
That's always the thing isn't it... and while one of the best things about 4E is that there's really not a lot of rules ambiguity that needs regular clarification that's a whole category of conversation that's not something that's going to brew up long discussions due to 'natural language' (and the fact there hasn't been any significant new content in two years doesn't help either).

Yeah, this is why I post so rarely on 4enclave; 4e is fun to play, but generally too clean to be fun to talk about. I get much more interested in explaining how rolling for stats incentivizes players to 'suicide' their PCs in order to reroll for better stats over on RPGnet, or debating the value of D&D's persistent 'Wizards shall not heal!' quirk over on the Paizo forums, or making ridiculous lists of reasons I won't be buying 5e over on ENworld.

I'm drawn to hot-button subjects, and 4e only has a couple of them. Very Happy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cavalier973
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
cavalier973

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Duskweaver wrote:

We're too busy playing the best iteration of Dungeons & Dragons to post on forums!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://greymerryfaire.wordpress.com
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Why not make a 'talk about your last 4e session' thread?
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:42 am

As someone who LOVES 4e and is working on several little homebrew projects, I'd love to see this forum be more active. My group is going to be starting up a sci-fi flavored game using 4e and Ultramodern 4, so maybe I'll start a write up/recap post of some sort and post it here.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 5:32 pm

cyvaris wrote:
As someone who LOVES 4e and is working on several little homebrew projects, I'd love to see this forum be more active. My group is going to be starting up a sci-fi flavored game using 4e and Ultramodern 4, so maybe I'll start a write up/recap post of some sort and post it here.

I'd definitely like to read that. I enjoy reading game recap/summaries!
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Wish they'd actually start. Waiting on the DM, but we're slowly inching towards the game. Since I'm a bit....competitive I decided to play a Leader this time (Wisdom melee Cleric) so that'll be very different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where has this forum been hiding?   Where has this forum been hiding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where has this forum been hiding?
Page 1 of 1