4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best Hybrid builds you've seen?

Go down 
+3
spock42
Generic Fighter
Felorn Gloryaxe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

Best Hybrid builds you've seen? Empty
PostSubject: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 7:06 am

What are the best hybrid classes/builds you've seen? Nobody in my group uses them. But I was wondering just how effective they could be. Do you have any cool Hybrids?
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Executioner Assassin and Sorcerer King Warlock. Human. Take Eldritch Strike instead of Blast. Sorc.King has a feat that adds another Die to your warlocks Curse and the one that makes them d8s. do 4d8+? with an At-Will Basic Attack at 1st level! Completely destroy any D&D Encounters season fight. And that is Why one of my friends is NOT allowed to play Strikers anymore:P

THere is also a cool Avenger/Warden Hybrid that is a fun thing to play, but it needs to be at Paragon or above to really be effective. I heard about it on a 4E podcast ages ago.

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
spock42
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:39 am

over half my LFR characters were hybrids Wink

seeker|ranger(hunter really)/net was fun in heroic, does not scale well in heroic but being able to use an at-will to slow and prone one target, or encounter power to daze, push, slow one target (prone if they were slow when I hit them) was awsome.

but my swordmage|warlock was my favorite character of all time, played him up to 30
Back to top Go down
Kazadvorn
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:15 pm

One, actually two - but not at the same time, of our players uses the Assassin/Warlock hybrid. It does insane amounts of damage.

The only downside to this stuff is that it tends to depress the other players - whose characters can't deliver such astounding amounts of damage.

Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 pm

I like hybrids... I am silly but I like them for flavor flexibility this character is a hybrid Avenger/Fighter I liked Taarna from the heavy metal movie.. Taarna the Tarakian, level 16
Human, Avenger|Fighter, Relentless Slayer
Hybrid Talent: Armor of Faith
Hybrid Avenger: Hybrid Avenger Reflex
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Trained from Birth for a Specific Prophecy, Ward of the Temple, Monastic (Erathis), Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 31 Fort: 28 Reflex: 26 Will: 27
HP: 124 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 31

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +20, Intimidate +13, Endurance +13, Athletics +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Arcana +11, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +13, Heal +13, History +11, Insight +15, Nature +13, Religion +11, Stealth +8, Streetwise +8, Thievery +8

FEATS
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Wary Fighter
Level 2: Avenging Resolution
Level 4: Unarmored Agility
Level 6: Mark of Warding
Level 8: Focused Superiority
Level 10: Cruel Cut Style
Level 11: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 12: Eye of Judgment
Level 14: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 16: Oath Strike

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Cleave
Hybrid at-will 1: Slash and Pummel
Hybrid at-will 1: Focused Fury
Hybrid encounter 1: Whirlwind Charge
Hybrid daily 1: Aspect of Might
Hybrid utility 2: Refocus Enmity
Hybrid encounter 3: Precise Strike
Hybrid daily 5: Rain of Steel
Hybrid utility 6: Everybody Move
Hybrid encounter 7: Bludgeoning Vise
Hybrid daily 9: Thicket of Blades
Hybrid utility 10: Strength From Pain
Hybrid encounter 13: Light of the Avenging Sun (replaces Whirlwind Charge)
Hybrid daily 15: Strength of Many (replaces Aspect of Might)
Hybrid utility 16: Diehard

ITEMS
Summoned Feyweave Armor +4, Amulet of Life +3, Adventurer's Kit, Holy Symbol, Bloodclaw Bastard sword +4
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:24 pm

honestly not sure why i made the intelligence so high on this character.. its a Strength/Wisdom character...
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 am

In the last 4E campaign I ran, my friend had built a Bard/Swordmage hybrid (half-elf). He was trying to "do a bit of everything". The campaign started at 8th level and went to 20th. Once he figured out that he needed to stop trying to be able to do Striker level damage (even low Striker level damage) and started doing lots of Leader stuff (giving away MBAs, buffing, etc) and splashing in his Defender abilities to supplement the Warden in the party, he became an amazingly well-built character.

I don't get out from behind the screen much, so I've never played a Hybrid, but I've built a few that would, in theory, be fun to play (though likely not that effective).
Back to top Go down
Honorbound
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Swordmages tend to hybrid very well, simply because they lose so little. They can buy back Swordmage Warding with a feat, Swordbond is something no Swordmage will ever miss, and the hybrid Aegises are written in such a way that the initial marking is an encounter, but the reaction is still at-will, meaning that the only thing a hybrid Swordmage loses is the ability to mass-mark.

Swordmage/Wizard and Swordmage/Artificer are both solid, and the Swordmage/Warlock, Swordmage/Avenger, and Swordmage/Barbarian are damned effective strikers. The Barbarian version in particular makes the Aegis of Assault an effective mark.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Warlords are extremely good at hybriding...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Hybrid builds you've seen?   Best Hybrid builds you've seen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Hybrid builds you've seen?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e Character Optimization-
Jump to: