4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frothsof
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
frothsof

4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists Empty
PostSubject: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:58 am

The good news regarding issue #2 is that I have gotten a lot of high quality submissions. Next issue will feature articles on Warforged in Serd (complete with a new Epic Destiny), an article presenting Orcs as a playable race, one on Ophidians as a playable race (this one has some exciting fluff tying them to the 4e Forever world and comes from a contributor here, Duskweaver), a piece on creating your own powers, one on multiple outside-the-box uses for items in an adventurer's kit (no sunrods of course), a new character class for 4e (the Soulknife), and of course, my long overdue Stronghold rules, as well as part 2 of the megadungeon serial adventure "Tales of the Lost City". It is going to be quite awesome. I am just moving pretty slowly with it. Part of it is that I am waiting on some revisions to come back, and part of it is that I have been so covered up that when I get a five minute break I do not feel like writing. I am pushing through it though, as best as I can.

One thing that I desperately need is artwork. I have gotten by on public domain artwork in the past, and will continue to use it, but as we get into more specialized subject matter, I really need original artwork. Specifically, I need images of Warforged, Orcs, castle and/or manor house construction, items from an adventurer's kit (save sunrods), and "generic" battle scenes. If you or anyone you know likes to draw or paint, etc, please let them know that I am looking. This is a free zine, so there is no pay, but I can link to your sites and help promote your work. Despite being a very niche product, I still got an amazing amount of traffic and response to the first issue, and it could be a good way to feature your work. Leave me a comment or shoot me an email at frothsof@gmail.com for more info.

Back to top Go down
http://frothsof4e.blogspot.com
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Well I would need to get some gumption ;-p
here is some stuff I did a while back
4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists Waterfalls
4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists MageaDraconicaSmall
4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists Map
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 pm

4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists Colorface
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
frothsof
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
frothsof

PostSubject: Re: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:58 am

Garthanos wrote:
4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists Colorface
I think that is awesome!

Let me be clear. You guys could close your eyes and move a pencil at random on a piece of paper and draw better than me. My favorite D&D art is also the old-school stuff; I have had people on the WOTC forums make fun of me for liking it. I prefer the art to have character. I just want art from people that like 4e and want to be a part of the zine. If you want to draw some stuff in this style Garth, that would be killer. Like I mentioned above, I have several articles that need some help. Duskweaver is a talented artist and already did some Ophidian drawings, but any drawings of castles or manor houses (especially being constructed), orcs, battle scenes, mundane gear from adventurer's kits (rope, bedrolls, etc) or warforged would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
seti
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
seti

Character sheet
Name: seti
Class: warden
Race: hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:49 am

I'd love to draw up a warforged or two...What character classes are you looking for? I'm also quite cool with doing it old-school (ie: pencil and/or ink, no digital) If you want color, I'd probably color it in Photoshop, though.

Also, do you want action or static, in an environment, or a portrait/anatomical drawing, etc?
Back to top Go down
frothsof
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
frothsof

PostSubject: Re: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:31 am

seti wrote:
I'd love to draw up a warforged or two...What character classes are you looking for? I'm also quite cool with doing it old-school (ie: pencil and/or ink, no digital) If you want color, I'd probably color it in Photoshop, though.

Also, do you want action or static, in an environment, or a portrait/anatomical drawing, etc?
In the zine the Warforged fluff is basically that they were created in ancient times and forgotten and locked in stasis in recently discovered ruins. They dont really recall their creation or masters, though some arcanists and members of various occult societies are trying to "unlock" this info. I would be happy with any and all warforged images, but if something in what I just mentioned gives you any ideas, run with it. I def prefer black and white, old-school so that would be awesome. If you have a website or any other stuff online let me know and I will make sure to link it; I could also put up contact info if anyone wants to hire you freelance down the line after seeing it. There is no rush; probably wont be done for months so take your time. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists   4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists Empty

Back to top Go down

4e Forever Issue #2 update: Calling all artists
Page 1 of 1