4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Building a hybrid Executioner

Go down 
+4
Pashalik
CHIA
Felorn Gloryaxe
doctorbadwolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Building a hybrid Executioner Empty
PostSubject: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Alright, so, I like the executioner, but I really, really dislike assassin's strike. Only way around that is to hybrid. Also, executioner works well as a hybrid.

Anyway, what I'm looking at right now is Executioner|Cavalier because it's kinda cool and it makes sense for the character.

I want the character to be mostly martial, with some smatterings of magic here and there.

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:28 am

Hrm...ok, maybe an executioner/avenger.

I don't like hybrid rogue that much, or I'd do that. IDK.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:06 am

I to be honest would suggest a executioner/warlock, or a executioner/witch if your going for a more magical feel. Plus the witch is just plain cool.
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:09 pm

I've thought about warlock, as it works really well with executioner, but it's a bit more magical than I was looking for. Also, it makes me just want to play a warlock. Razz

I'm also looking at just a normal rogue. Cunning Sneak, with mostly movement, stealth or control powers, mc assassin.

idk. lol the executioner is almost such a great class. If it just didn't have assassin's strike, I'd love it. Or an easy way to get rid of assassin's strike without hybriding.

Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptyMon May 27, 2013 8:40 am

I think Rogue would work pretty well. You'll get that assassin-y feel from your class features, which seems to be partly what you want. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Yeah Rogue might would work better, considering a assassin uses Shadows as his power source.
Back to top Go down
Pashalik
Pashalik

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptyMon May 27, 2013 4:47 pm

You might look at Executioner|Monk.
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:50 pm

I don't know what it is, but the rogue just...doesn't excite me. Except for duelist reaction/interrupt builds, but there are more interesting ways to build those, using magic classes and white lotus.

Right now I'm going with pure assassin. It's working fairly well.
Back to top Go down
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
Duskweaver

Character sheet
Name: Duskweaver
Class: Invoker
Race: Eladrin

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:42 am

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about Assassin's Strike?
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:52 am

It's boring, and the fact that it is the only encounter power, and can only be used once, takes it's boringness and increases it exponentially. 

Even Power Attack is better, if only just.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:12 pm

doctorbadwolf wrote:
Hrm...ok, maybe an executioner/avenger.

I usually find that that hybrid works quite well. Just make sure you figure out your weapon proficiencies right, as they get some weird ones.

Last edited by CHIA on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Huh, can't figure out how to work the quotes. Second line is me.)
Back to top Go down
doctorbadwolf
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm

It's a good combo. I've done some cool stuff previously with covenant agent builds, and the last real assassin class acts article made them even better. Of course, some of the crit fisher thing going on there relies on shrouds, but a hybrid ex/av should still be rad.
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 pm

The thing with hybrid Executioner is you want a good MBA to use in conjunction with the bonus damage feature. You want to be able to double tap the damage. Warlock is good for this (Eldritch Strike+Sorc King for Mindbite Scorn+Executioner=3d8 with feats) as is Avenger. I personally prefer the Avenger|Executioner style of build because it gets you both OoE and the bonus damage die, though you have to build around Overwhelming Strike as a MBA and pick up a bunch of Minor and off turn actions, which isn't to bad actually. Take "Elemental Initiate" as your theme to get Ki Foci and a tasty Interrupt power and it should be a rather strong build.
Back to top Go down
Surrealistik
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Charisma specced Executioner/Blackguard.
Back to top Go down
Fardiz
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:39 am

Works pretty nicely with practically any striker or mba-punishing defender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a hybrid Executioner   Building a hybrid Executioner Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a hybrid Executioner
Page 1 of 1