4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tequila Sunrise
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Tequila Sunrise

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More Empty
PostSubject: I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More   I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 pm

So I live in a dorm. On weekends, someone in a room above me smokes pot, which then drifts down and into my room. I'm asthmatic.

Now I'd like to report this to the RAs so that I don't have to close my window whenever someone decides to light up -- I have heat and AC, but prefer fresh air -- but their room is the only place they can really smoke pot. Our school is located in a big city, so they can't just take a hike somewhere remote to light up.

Because in New York City, in the United glorious States of America, the world's self-proclaimed leader and nominal bastion of reason and progress, marijuana is still fucking illegal.

IT'S 2013, PEOPLE.

Stop telling people they're not allowed to destroy their lungs with whatever dead plant suits their fancy.
Back to top Go down
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
Duskweaver

Character sheet
Name: Duskweaver
Class: Invoker
Race: Eladrin

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More   I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:28 am

Agreed. There's also the issue that if you (quite reasonably) try to protect your own health by reporting it, there's a pretty good chance you might just trigger an official overreaction that ends up destroying that guy's life. There's a (totally bloody stupid and unnecessary) moral quandary for you.

When I was at university (over a decade ago, and in the UK rather than the US), I shared a house with someone who smoked pot (a lot - it was how he dealt with stress*). Luckily, I don't suffer from asthma, but it was still a worry, since our tenancy agreement technically made me jointly (pun fully intended) responsible for him breaking the (incredibly stupid) law. All it would have taken was for the landlord to visit unexpectedly and recognise the smell and things would have become very unpleasant.

Of course, if he'd chosen to turn to that far more dangerous drug known as alcohol to deal with the stress of university instead, there'd have been no problem at all... Rolling Eyes

Oh, and for the benefit of Admin, I am not advocating anything in any way, shape or form. Wink

* - As opposed to myself, who dealt with stress by sticking my head in the sand for two years, then having a full-blown nervous breakdown. In hindsight, Mr Pothead was the wiser of us.
Back to top Go down
Tequila Sunrise
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Tequila Sunrise

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More   I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Ouch. That makes no kind of sense either!

I'm wondering if I can do something productive with my anger, like make posters about courtesy and legalization or something. Administration might not be too happy with me though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More   I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More Empty

Back to top Go down

I Hate Smoking, But I Hate When It's Illegal More
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: General Messages :: General Discussion-
Jump to: