4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Offline Compendium

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

Offline Compendium Empty
PostSubject: Offline Compendium   Offline Compendium EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:44 am

So I recently got a script to install a version of the offline character builder. It uses my DDI subscription to crawl the compendium and make a local copy.

I am NOT by any means a programmer or database expert. I understand the principles, but not the execution of it all.

Recently, I've noticed that all of the skill entries in the glossary are not showing the correct results. For example, the "Heal" entry in the category of "skills" brings up the "fire" damage type glossary entry. I went through and all of the skill entries seem to be "mis-mapped".

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've sent in through to crawl the online compendium again, but it hasn't straightened anything out.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

Offline Compendium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Compendium   Offline Compendium EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Dropped my DDi account when they dropped the 4e sensibility over there at WOTC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Offline Compendium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Compendium   Offline Compendium EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 am

Knowing what program (and which version) you're using that's crawling the Compendium would be helpful. The crawling sounds like what HeroLabs does, but I'm sure there are others out there. Knowing which program you're using can at least get us pointed in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

Offline Compendium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Compendium   Offline Compendium EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:54 pm

That's a good question...

I found and downloaded a group of files that included an application called xampp. There is a text file with instructions of where to put the folders that had the database and some steps to go through to allow it to run via my browser. There is also a local "page" that has boxes to check and a button that sends the browser scraping through the online compendium (using my DDI account) to get the latest and greatest data.

So I view the compendium database that is stored locally on my computer with my browser.

I'm guessing the answer is that I'm using xampp. But I think that is just the database manager that is being used to allow my browser to interact with the database files. I'll be honest that I don't know much about the "nuts and bolts" of this stuff. And I'm even more in the dark because I'm primarily a MacOS user and this xampp runs in my Windows Virtual Machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Offline Compendium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Compendium   Offline Compendium Empty

Back to top Go down

Offline Compendium
Page 1 of 1