4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals

Go down 
+3
Garthanos
Scrivener of Doom
Felorn Gloryaxe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet
Name: Felorn Gloryaxe
Class: Fighter
Race: Dwarf

Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals Empty
PostSubject: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Hello everyone. I'm working on compiling every 4e ritual published (thus far) into a free PDF. I plan for the pdf to have a bit of lore on ceremonial magic that I've made up, and from history. As well as a fairly comprehensive index. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post a link when it is finished.
Back to top Go down
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:45 am

Yes, please!

The list published in Dragon was quite helpful but I think there have been more since then. Colour me interested.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:45 am

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm working on compiling every 4e ritual published (thus far) into a free PDF. I plan for the pdf to have a bit of lore on ceremonial magic that I've made up, and from history. As well as a fairly comprehensive index. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post a link when it is finished.
Ooooh definitely got my interest. I am of the theory that most all working of magic in myth and legend was ceremonial - aka ritual and when it isn't it is an extraordinary feat of magic (ie Yup collapse spell casting in to Feats).
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:33 pm

I've been on a little bit of a hiatus. But I'm backing to working on a layout and index.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 am

Are you describing the rituals using your own wording? You mentioned going beyond the basic lore for rituals I am wondering how far in to your own thing you are making it?
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
I'm interested!!

I threw together a "Fundamentals of Magic in 4E" reference booklet to use in my games where I looked into the elements of what was presented in the Core 4E text and I flushed it out to include the nature of magic and rituals, how the ritual components work in relation to the rituals, some basic guidelines in harvesting and preparing ritual components, and a list of sample ritual components that I can use in my games.  I got it to the point where it is functional and my players love it, but I am having some difficulty with nature based rituals and how they function.  If you have some good pointers, I would love to hear them.
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 pm

cheers 
Back to top Go down
frothsof
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
frothsof

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 am

I want this.
Back to top Go down
http://frothsof4e.blogspot.com
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:14 am

Garthanos wrote:
Are you describing the rituals using your own wording? You mentioned going beyond the basic lore for rituals I am wondering how far in to your own thing you are making it?
What do you mean by describing the rituals? Do you mean the line of flavor text? Or the entire description? I was planning on keeping the actual descriptions the same since that is where all the mechanics are. But the flavor text I was thinking of editing. I was also considering adding material components and possibly a method of doing the ritual. But that may be going a little too far.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:15 am

thanson02 wrote:
Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
I'm interested!!

I threw together a "Fundamentals of Magic in 4E" reference booklet to use in my games where I looked into the elements of what was presented in the Core 4E text and I flushed it out to include the nature of magic and rituals, how the ritual components work in relation to the rituals, some basic guidelines in harvesting and preparing ritual components, and a list of sample ritual components that I can use in my games.  I got it to the point where it is functional and my players love it, but I am having some difficulty with nature based rituals and how they function.  If you have some good pointers, I would love to hear them.
Well what do you have so far?

Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:32 am

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
But the flavor text I was thinking of editing. I was also considering adding material components and possibly a method of doing the ritual. But that may be going a little too far.
The more the merrier.. the flavor text, the material components and methodologies are really are part of that too.

I also allow people to "gather" components and use arcana/religion checks to remember alternate ones and they can lead the group on the gather components run so they dont see it as spending party money - it changes the perception a lot - it sort of fixes the price issues at low levels.
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:46 am

Quick Q.

How would you like to see the index. I've already got a typical alphabetical one coming, and one that goes by ritual type. What else would you like to see?
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:58 am

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
Quick Q.

How would you like to see the index. I've already got a typical alphabetical one coming, and one that goes by ritual type. What else would you like to see?
Base skill maybe.. my ranger doesnt care about the rituals for which he lacks the base skill.
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
thanson02 wrote:
Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
I'm interested!!

Well what do you have so far?
Going to have to share a link.  It ended up being 9 pages long.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1JGdlPR6ZAUnZfS2todFpPSGs/edit?usp=sharing

When I put it together, I checked out PH for 2nd and 3rd Edition on magic, 4E DMG2 in their section on components, 4E MM for animal component ideas, PHD&D video on rituals, and several other sources of information involving herbalism, incense, and essential oil production.  The biggest thing I was looking to provide was flavor to the rituals, not change the mechanics themselves.

It is a work in progress and it outlines my house rules on magic.  Some of the ritual component sections are empty, mainly because my players haven't used them yet and I have not seen anything that made me go "Yeaa, that would be awesome!!".  So if people have ideas for fun components, I am always looking for different things to add some spice to magic rituals.  Let me know if the link doesn't work for some reason.
Back to top Go down
frothsof
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
frothsof

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 am

Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
Quick Q.

That sounds sufficient to me, but you could also maybe list them by source
Back to top Go down
http://frothsof4e.blogspot.com
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:16 pm

frothsof wrote:
Felorn Gloryaxe wrote:
Quick Q.

That sounds sufficient to me, but you could also maybe list them by source
Agreed.  Also by level would be nice.
Back to top Go down
harvengure
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 am

Still bothering with this?
Back to top Go down
Felorn Gloryaxe
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
Felorn Gloryaxe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:05 am

Yes. I've put the project on hiatus though. Thanks for reminding me. If you want a draft with every ritual organized in alphabetical order just PM me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals   Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals Empty

Back to top Go down

Felorn's Big Book O' Rituals
Page 1 of 1