4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duskweaver
0th-Level Adventurer
0th-Level Adventurer
Duskweaver

Character sheet
Name: Duskweaver
Class: Invoker
Race: Eladrin

Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes Empty
PostSubject: Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes   Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 am

Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes O-WATTERSON-900
Back to top Go down
CHIA
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
CHIA

PostSubject: Re: Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes   Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 pm

*claps*
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes   Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 pm

I've seen this before and it is some of the most inspiring words I've read.

I work as a licensed professional in Land Surveying. I work for a multi-national company. However, my particular job is at a small office of 12 in my home town. So many of the people do all kinds of posturing and promoting to "move up" the corporate ladder while I'm content to stay here in my office, 20 minutes from home, and run my department. I could "move up" if I wanted to. But I don't.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate my job. Not at all. I really enjoy land surveying. And I'm really good at it. It is something that I enjoy doing and it affords me a comfortable salary. And my particular job has a low enough time demand on me that I can enjoy my family. I get to be home every night and make dinner with my partner and our kids. I've been there every step of the way watching my son grow up and graduate high school. I made it to the soccer games and the back to school nights and the open houses and all of that. And my schedule allows me to go camping several times in the summer with my family and friends. And to have a weekly D&D game. And to have occasional weekend board game nights. And to go out to a nice sushi dinner once in a while with my gal. Life is good because I get to enjoy it on my own terms!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes   Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes Empty

Back to top Go down

Some wisdom from the creator of Calvin and Hobbes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: General Messages :: General Discussion-
Jump to: