4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst Parts About 4e?

Go down 
+14
JohnLynch
Admin
chaosfang
Durriken
svendj
Garthanos
skwyd42
Tequila Sunrise
Chris24601
Scrivener of Doom
herrozerro
Duskweaver
ToeSama
Felorn Gloryaxe
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

Worst Parts About 4e? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Parts About 4e?   Worst Parts About 4e? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:19 am

thanson02 wrote:

That has been in D&D for years, going back to at least 2nd Edition.  A method to streamline bonus tracking would be a nice tool.  Perhaps there is a tracker sheet somewhere for DMs? :scratch:

I actually use an app called 4e Turn Tracker. It is flexible. You can import .dnd4e files directly for the party. You can import monster builder files or simply cut and paste text into it for monsters. You can always manually type them in. It has some powerful tools for those DMs that like to have an app roll dice automatically. But you don't have to use them. There is a Mac version and a Windows version. And it is free.

I use it all the time and it works really well. You can note "floating buffs" in the tracker and they will expire automatically if they only last "until the end of your next turn" or whatever. I know you can track action points and healing surges as well, of course I don't use those tools as my group is good at doing that themselves.

One thing I do like is that when we finish a game session, if the party doesn't get a short or extended rest, their current hit point totals are automatically noted so when we get together for the game on the following week, we have an accurate record of that.

I think it is a really solid tool. The last update was June 2013 and I don't know if he is doing any more development on it, but it runs really well as it is.
Back to top Go down

Worst Parts About 4e?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: