4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using Insight and History

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Starcomet
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Starcomet

Using Insight and History Empty
PostSubject: Using Insight and History   Using Insight and History EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 6:43 pm

So in older editions History was always seen as one of those useless knowledge skills that only recalled lore and had no other uses from a character optimization perspective. 4e (and I think 5e) changes this and allows you to use history for more than just recalling knowledges. Insight in older editions (called sense motive) was used largely just to see if someone was lying or if illusions or mind controlled was involved and that was it. I loved how 4e and even 5e states that it can be used for more than just this and you can predict someone's words or next moves if you roll high enough or figure our who is the most important, scholarly, religious, etc. individual in a room. It is not mind reading, but by golly you are so intuitive you are virtually an empath.

My question is, how would one use these in a skill challenge? Most 4e DMs now allow players to use whatever skill they want in a skill challenge as long as they can justify its use.
Back to top Go down

Using Insight and History
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: