4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! Empty
PostSubject: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 1:13 am

So, I need some help now. WotC announced that the DDI online tools are going away at the end of 2019. And I want to get as much of that content off it as possible! With Silverlight going away, it is also difficult to even use anymore, too. I have an active account that I'm willing to share with anyone willing to help. So, we have a bunch of different sections to get offline. The best way I can find is to use a virtual printer program and "print" the pages as PDFs and save them to your computer. So, if you can help, post and pick a section to work on.

We need a browser that works with silverlight and a Virtual Printer program. here are what I have so far...

CutePDF for Virtual Printer

A member of my Online D&D4E group has a browser he uses for this. I asked him for the info and haven't gotten a response yet.

I'm gonna set up a dropbox folder thing to dump stuff into and I'll link it once ready.

Backgrounds-
Character Themes-Done
Classes-
*Companions&Familiars-
Creatures-
*Diseases-
*Epic Destinies-
Feats-
Glossery-
Items-Generic Fighter
*Paragon Paths-
*Poisons-
Powers-
Races-
*Rituals-
*Terrain-
*Traps-

So those with a "*" are the ones we should prioritized for this. I hope we can get this stuff offline! Thanks:)

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 am

I don't know if my DDI subscription is still active, but if it is, I've already got the CutePDF printing extension (I use it as part of producing my Ruins & Realms playtest PDFs) so I'll help if I can.
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Okay. I found the browser and the version that worked. It is SeaMonkey version 2.46. Thanks for any help you can give. LMK if you need an account and I can send you the info for mine.

GF
Back to top Go down
Starcomet
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Starcomet

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:01 am

I heard about this from a friend. It is sad that they are ending it, but there is a portable 4e rules compendium.
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 pm

Update... I'm just about done with the traps. For speed's sake I'm saving them as entry numbers (they can be renamed later) since the browser defaults to trying to name each entry "D&D Compendium - Traps" when you run it through the PDF converter.

After Traps I'll be headed for Diseases as that's another category that's rather spread all over the place. Monsters and character build related items are my last priority since all the character stuff and most of the monsters can be found in the CBLoader version of the offline character builder and the DMTools monster builder.
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Okay, I have the diseases (69), traps/hazards (631) and terrain (145) entries from the compendium.

I can cut and paste the player-side stuff (races, classes, feats, backgrounds, themes and items) from the CBLoader version of the offline builder at a later point and I believe the offline monster builder has everything up to Darksun, so if anyone’s going after other areas I’d say Dark Sun and Essentials monsters would be the priority for scooping up from the Compendium.

I’m basically out of time due to New Year’s family obligations, so good luck to anyone else doing this. I prioritized things harder to find elsewhere, hopefully someone else can snag the rest.
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 5:10 am

Hey there. My laptop broke shortly after the last post. cannot get stable internet on it for long:( Thank you to anyone that grabbed stuff. I'll contact you once I've got a new Laptop.

GF
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Scrivener of Doom
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Scrivener of Doom

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 4:06 am

If anyone emails me:

scrivenerofdoom
at
gmail
dot
com

I will send you all the offline tools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!   DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now! Empty

Back to top Go down

DDI Dissapearing on the 31st! Rescue content now!
Page 1 of 1