4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math Empty
PostSubject: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Hello guys and gals! I'm running a 4th Edition Eberron game and I realized that all the eberron creatures didn't receive MM3 style updates. I was wondering what people would suggest for converting them. Ideally I'd like to not have to reverse engineer every-single one and instead just apply a series of changes to the math. I understand there's MM3 monster on a business card, but that requires reverse engineering to get the appropriate damage and such.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 5:30 am

Reverse engineer is not the word you are looking for, not even close. Rebuild is probably what you want.

Well the basic lazyman fix is to just add their half level to their damage.

Though to do it right you really do need to put in a lot more work. Main problem with pre-mm3 monsters is they were made with only the phb1 in mind. Secondary problem is a lot of them were rushed and barely serve any role. But you can get away with just the damage boost. Ive almost fully updated the MM1 to the MM3 level myself but I know what Im doing. You wont so dont try, just do the damage update thing
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:03 am

Think you could share those conversions?
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Like right now the Kruthik line would be nice. As I'm using them.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Get masterplan and I can send you the kuthrik monsters once Im back to my computer.
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:47 pm

I've got masterplan. I'll take everything you can share. All libraries.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:19 am

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=80760311306671514066&t=8076031130667151406656268

Thats my Kuthrik files. I'll upload the rest as I find time. I should note that I changed Kuthrik young to a skirmisher using the information found in the Ecology of the Kuthrik book. Because it was a totally useless unit as a brute.

The hard thing about adjusting Kuthriks was trying to account for the big advantage their burrow and climb speeds granted them plus tremor sense.

It also has my high level conversions. Since my math has level 1 solo=level 7 elite=level 13 standard=level 19 minion.

Also it also has a couple of throng versions I made using the throng rules in the grave book. Lastly it has two tokens, one for Kuthriks, one for the Kuthrik Swarms. Since the swarm token shows the hatchlings it is also for singular hatchlings and Kuthrik Young.
Back to top Go down
arcaneshield
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 am

Thanks! Though if someone has masterplan 8.8 they can open your library files, so you could just share those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math   Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math Empty

Back to top Go down

Converting Eberron Monsters to MM3 Math
Page 1 of 1