4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Builder Question - Custom Races

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AJRDeck
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

Character Builder Question - Custom Races Empty
PostSubject: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello! Stumbled in here, new obviously, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I've gotten decently good at modifying and creating .part files to add my own custom content to the CB. However, something that's bothering me is the inability to modify the portrait used for things like custom races. Now obviously, this isn't a "make or break" situation, but it'd be nice for myself and my players. I seem to recall poking around in the CB files a LONG time ago and finding images for the buttons and whatnot, but I can't seem to figure out where that's located anymore. I figured if nothing else, that's where the images are located, so if someone knows a way to just change it through a .part file or even just happens to know where that stuff's hidden, I'd really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 am

You're talking about the portraits available for displaying on the character sheets, right?

I think all of those are saved in a single directory. I'm not at a machine with the CB installed, but I will be later tonight. I can check there and share with you what I can figure out.
Back to top Go down
AJRDeck
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Unfortunately no, not on the character sheets. Specifically the image used when selecting the race in the character builder, usually shown below the stats and before the lore for the race. I know at some point I found a directory full of the buttons and other images used in the CB, but that was ages ago when WotC was still supporting it, and I'm not sure where it'd be stored now.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 11:18 pm

AJRDeck wrote:
Unfortunately no, not on the character sheets. Specifically the image used when selecting the race in the character builder, usually shown below the stats and before the lore for the race. I know at some point I found a directory full of the buttons and other images used in the CB, but that was ages ago when WotC was still supporting it, and I'm not sure where it'd be stored now.

Yes I have not seen that customized myself I have been hacking quite a bit with CBLoader

right now I am trying to add skills to the class skill list and not having much luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 am

Late comment from me, for sure.

I dug around in the directories where I thought that I recalled finding some assets, but alas, no.

It is clear that I am not a coder of any sort.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 7:54 pm

skwyd42 wrote:
Late comment from me, for sure.

I dug around in the directories where I thought that I recalled finding some assets, but alas, no.

It is clear that I am not a coder of any sort.

On windows they sometimes embed resources in the executeables.

There is nowhere specifying an image in the XML btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Builder Question - Custom Races   Character Builder Question - Custom Races Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Builder Question - Custom Races
Page 1 of 1