4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Chris24601 wrote:
I heartily approve. I'll try to get additional monsters and an encounter building guide into the GM's Guide material at the end of the PDF sometime this week to make running at least some type of campaign with it possible.

My son sounds interested he likes the Lore.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 am

Awesome. Glad to hear he likes the Lore. While an interesting setting won’t save an abysmal system, an interesting setting can help a good system get noticed a lot more easily. Well that and art... art and layout makes a huge difference in how systems get perceived these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:45 am

Minor update for this Sunday and more a fluff tweak than anything else. While working on avatar-themed opponents for the GM's Guide I hit upon the idea that, if an Avatar followed the primal path it could essentially be in its own patron spirit (i.e. the power comes from within itself). I then made a slight expansion of the concept and added that Elves with the Potent Spark benefit who take the Astral Path could actually be their own astral patron (i.e. a lesser astral power).

This has zero impact on how anything plays mechanically; the rules state once you get your powers from the Astral or Primal sources they're yours to do with as you will. But from a fluff/RP point of view it opens up the design space a bit for avatars and elves (particularly the Archons) as the mechanical framework for non-Earthbound Primal and Astral Spirits. While its only going to be mentioned in the GM's Guide under the NPC-only Demonic Spellcasting Path, I think the same rule will apply for Malfeans (specifically thinking of the Cambions; the direct descendants of the demons whose connection to demonic power is strong enough that if they embrace their demonic nature they can be their own source of power).

Okay, back to work for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Chris24601 wrote:
Minor update for this Sunday and more a fluff tweak than anything else. While working on avatar-themed opponents for the GM's Guide I hit upon the idea that, if an Avatar followed the primal path it could essentially be in its own patron spirit (i.e. the power comes from within itself). I then made a slight expansion of the concept and added that Elves with the Potent Spark benefit who take the Astral Path could actually be their own astral patron (i.e. a lesser astral power).

This has zero impact on how anything plays mechanically; the rules state once you get your powers from the Astral or Primal sources they're yours to do with as you will. But from a fluff/RP point of view it opens up the design space a bit for avatars and elves (particularly the Archons) as the mechanical framework for non-Earthbound Primal and Astral Spirits. While its only going to be mentioned in the GM's Guide under the NPC-only Demonic Spellcasting Path, I think the same rule will apply for Malfeans (specifically thinking of the Cambions; the direct descendants of the demons whose connection to demonic power is strong enough that if they embrace their demonic nature they can be their own source of power).

Okay, back to work for me.

I have thought in this sense for Paladins since way way back, at my tablewe rejected the oops you lost it bit fairly early back then... are you a champion who chooses to embody a god...or the embodiment of a god who never chose any of it or someone born of divine blood who has these boons because of it?

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” - Lazarus Long via Robert Heinlein.

One suspects Lugh Long-hand Samildánach (a wright/carpenter, a sailor, a smith/bronze craftsman, a healer, a champion, a harpist, a poet/historian, a sorcerer, cupbearer) would agree.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Chris24601 wrote:

Heck, the PRINCESS BUILD is now its entire own class that gets better buffing than even the captain (at the cost of strong attacks of their own).

Think I missed this .... but from the one who coined the term Princess Build and arguably conceived it, that is ALL IN support for a strangely common but simultaneously fringe character .

My son is playing a 5e version of this actually so huzzah that one is entering into the flow.

Back to top Go down
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Chris24601 wrote:

And while you currently can't make a berserker sidekick (because they don't get the strong/swift/berserker choice for balance reasons) I'll figure out a way to make it possible just because you had that concept and its awesome.

Gilgamesh had a beastman / tarzan archetype as a side kick. Arguably one of those Batman needs a robin significant ones.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)   

Back to top Go down

STILL Not Dead (Terrors & Tactics Updade)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4ENCLAVE :: 4th Edition :: 4e General Discussion-
Jump to: