4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  Empty
PostSubject: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Stream of consciousness of an idea - Inspired in part my irish myth and in part by Lindsey Stirling the dancing violinist and maybe a bit of the Devil went down to georgia. I am picturing something like Strokes of the bow across the strings interfering with enemies attacks and grabbing on to their heart accelerating it gradually throughout the fight till it bursts.. .... Make em dance to death. Blowing up their heart at the finale.... During the song you are controlling their steps with forced dancing which interferes with and disrupts their attacks. You arent parrying their attacks but rathers spinning them in to a pirouette at the right moment. You arent inducing them to move a particular direction your music is controlling the direction of their moves.

I am wondering if the bard is the right class Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet
Name: Durriken
Class: Disestablishmentarian
Race: Green dragon

PostSubject: Re: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 9:00 am

You could flavor forced movement as forcing an enemy to dance, similarly attack and defense buffs and debuffs can be flavored as disrupting enemies or inspiring allies. You can take it farther with daze or stun or other effects.

Now the hard part is finding the powers that have the right effects. Seems like a bit of a rewrite of the bard is in order. Instrument as implement, a few new level appropriate powers that have the right effects.

TjD
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:41 pm

A full controller bard?
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:10 pm

Garthanos wrote:
A full controller bard?

Why not? Leaders also work well as Controllers and vice versa if you build them right.

Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Not only do Leaders often feel like "Controller Lite", the Arcane Power Source often has very "controller-ish" powers.

I think you'd have to take some powers and maybe reskin them. You might also want to come up with some new powers.

One thing that strikes me is the idea that the music would have the power to cause the attacker to miss with a weapon or power. I like this. There are a couple of ways to do this, I'm sure. My first thought is to have a Trait wherein any attack with the Weapon keyword would actually be rolled against Will instead of AC (or whatever other defense they may target). Presumably, Will would be the highest defense. Or perhaps the Trait would give a penalty to any attacks with the Weapon keyword as long as the target is playing music.

The concept of the bowing of strings accelerating their heart could be done by a Close burst power that targets Will and a hit causes the loss of a healing surge. And, as per the system, if there are no HS left to lose, they lose hp instead.

You could do other powers that would cause forced movement, making them dance in a particular direction. And possibly have a power that would Daze the target (Save Ends), since the music is directing their attention away from the battle.

I'm thinking that some of these powers would have the Charm keyword. They probably would all target Will, too, as that seems to make sense.

Anyway, these are just some of my first thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 pm

nods, although I could see building a hybrid perhaps a Bard/Mage to up the control factor and similar though building a new bard class build might give it that pure new thing feel....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...    Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Flavor for Bardic Battle method the forced dance...
Page 1 of 1