4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power2ool reborn?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
herrozerro
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
herrozerro

Power2ool reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Power2ool reborn?   Power2ool reborn? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

So I have asked here a few months back if anyone knows anything about the 4e tool site www.power2ool.com , the developer seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.  The site has been the same since October 2011, doing a whois lookup on the domain has given me the information that it's taken until 2016.  

So hopefully we'll have this awesome site for at least 2 more years, but if it doesn't get saved, I have taken it upon myself to start looking for alternatives.  I am not much of a web coder, but in the last few days I started putting together a prototype for myself to prove that I can get the big functionality down, namely the cool auto formatting.

Here is what I have thusfar.  http://jsfiddle.net/herrozerro/9vqmgc9j/2/

Are there any other power2ool lovers out there?  Would something like this be appreciated by the community?

Last edited by herrozerro on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Power2ool reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power2ool reborn?   Power2ool reborn? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Ironically, when I hit the link to power2ool.com you provided... it says 'server not found.'
Back to top Go down
herrozerro
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
herrozerro

Power2ool reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power2ool reborn?   Power2ool reborn? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Chris24601 wrote:
Ironically, when I hit the link to power2ool.com you provided... it says 'server not found.'
ah, something in the link isnt working lol.
Back to top Go down
herrozerro
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
herrozerro

Power2ool reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power2ool reborn?   Power2ool reborn? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 am

Rather, with the few 4e clones being brandished about, would anyone want a tool loke this for their clone?
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Power2ool reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power2ool reborn?   Power2ool reborn? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 am

I certainly wouldn't mind one. That said, I've got a ways to go yet. I'm only just now wrapping up the conceptual phase and basic math (ex. hit points per level for PC's/monsters; base hit rate for PC's/Monsters against even level targets; expected base damage for at-wills; how much damage each point of focus should add to the amount dealt over the length of an encounter, etc.) and get into the nitty gritty of actually designing the specific elements (classes/monsters/etc.) themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power2ool reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power2ool reborn?   Power2ool reborn? Empty

Back to top Go down

Power2ool reborn?
Page 1 of 1