4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)

Go down 
+4
Felorn Gloryaxe
Durriken
Garthanos
JohnLynch
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)   Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 EmptySat May 30, 2015 7:42 am

As far as I'm concerned, the more eyes on my project the better. There's no way an author is ever going to catch their own typos/logic fails on their own. Heck, my playtest last night turned up about three on its own (the online PDF was updated this morning).
Back to top Go down
Semi-Retired Gamer
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Semi-Retired Gamer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)   Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 EmptySat May 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Chris24601 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, the more eyes on my project the better. There's no way an author is ever going to catch their own typos/logic fails on their own. Heck, my playtest last night turned up about three on its own (the online PDF was updated this morning).

Great outlook about the project. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://semiretiredgamer.blogspot.com/
Garthanos
Garthanos

Character sheet
Name: Garthanos
Class: Arcadian Knight
Race: Auld Worlder

PostSubject: Re: Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)   Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Still think the title kind of rocks
Back to top Go down
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/kingsmagic.html
C4
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
C4

PostSubject: Re: Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)   Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Chris24601 wrote:
Then again it could just be that, like me, the above authors have limited free time and have prioritized actually working on their project over talking about it here. One of the things I noticed early on about posting here was that I could either talk about my plans for the project here or I could actually work on the project to have something to really show for it, but I couldn't do both very well. That's why my posting has been so utterly sporadic, usually after I've completed a major update to the system and wanted to share it out... because I'm too busy actually working on the project (only a fraction of which actually ends up as typed pages in the document; first I have to lay everything out and work out mechanics... something I usually do with pen and scratch paper before I actually put it into the document).

So, so true! I love 'talking shop,' but every time I open a design issue up for community input, it essentially means several days of getting nothing done. That coupled with the limited free time I have to actually work on PoL means that I have to severely restrict what I open up for discussion. So unless I'm totally on the fence or stuck on a design issue, I just keep quietly writing.

Though I think you're going to finish Terrors & Tactics before I finish PoL; I got a head start, but now that it's down to the details (specific monsters, powers, etc.) I find it hard to focus. I'm definitely a big picture designer! Idea
Back to top Go down
http://complete4th.wordpress.com
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)   Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:54 am

Talking shop IS fun. One advantage I have with that at the moment though is that I'm deep enough into the design process that if I do hit a design issue in one section I can throw the issue out here and just work on another section until I work it out.

Currently I'm in the process of reformatting everything from the chaotic mass of one, two or three column sections that are more notes than finished material into a consistent layout complete with a fluff text and blocks for artwork to go. Along the way I'm normalizing the rules (ex. I failed to realize until this pass that Beast Empathy had become a worthless utility option since when I wrote out all the skill rules I ended up adding that ability to the default of Nature skill, but it had been lost in the massive blocks of text that were the skills section) and generally applying fixes where needed.

There are still more monsters to design (I've got humans, goblins, orcs, ogres, undead, demons and dragons plus a smattering of others done with angels/devils and the bulk of the natural species still to go) and I'll need a traps/hazards section and to expand the conflict rules from its current three pages to what will probably be closer to 20-30 (if the expansion of the character creation rules section is anything to go by), but the project is definitely only the glide-path to completion (I'd currently peg it at the end of the year for the rules proper; about two months behind my original schedule for myself; then its on to the Kickstarter stage).

I think the advantage I might have is that I'm actually more of a mechanics wonk than a big picture guy... or rather my big picture view often grows out of putting my smaller mechanical concepts into a coherent context rather than starting from a big picture and then trying to wedge everything else into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)   Gods & Heroes (4e Clone) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gods & Heroes (4e Clone)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4