4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CBloader for posterity?

Go down 
+10
Nod_Hero
thanson02
Durriken
BearTheCat
Goglutin
skwyd42
Chris24601
cyvaris
Generic Fighter
harvengure
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harvengure
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

CBloader for posterity? Empty
PostSubject: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:47 am

With 4E no longer in print, from my understand, and even WotC's online support for it ending soon in the wake of D&D NEXT, I am going through the process of loading everything I can into the offline builder (published 3rd party materials included).

In these efforts, I discovered this site...and in discovering this site found that basically all of its .part files are offline. I'm hoping there are those of you out there who would be able to provide .part files of not want to contribute in entering the stuff that doesn't seem to have already been placed in such files.
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 am

I've got a bunch of the 3rd party .part files. I can upload an link them if you want. Let me know.

GF
Back to top Go down
http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/
harvengure
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 am

Would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Uploading my collection of CBLoader and Character Builder stuff. The File will be named ThingyX.zip once I upload it and post a link.

Password for the file will be...

Shuvel0182

That is Zero the Number, not O the Letter.

Linky-Link is Posted!

Will post a Linky-Link once uploaded.

GF

P.S.: Other RPG stuff I have Uploaded...https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c57awcucj57ka/RPG_Stuff
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Hey Generic, if I wanted to print those dungeon tiles how would you suggest I go about it? Mostly I am aiming to print them so they print with one inch square, as opposed to being shrunken.
Back to top Go down
Generic Fighter
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Generic Fighter

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:59 am

cyvaris,
Not sure how you would go about that. I scanned them to use on Virtual Table Top Programs like MapTool and Roll20. So that is why they are the way they are. I'm not sure how to do it from those versions. Sorry.

However, if I get some more interest in it, I think I have a few Tiles still in the original Packaging. I think if I scan them without taking them off their Frames I can get them to be the right size or something close at least. I can also look in to some way to print them to the right size, too.

GF
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:22 pm

I've found some scans of them from various....sources over the years, just wondering if you had any that worked better. I've slowly started putting together in my head a way to really make my games better and printing a bunch of dungeon tiles on card stock seems cheaper/easier than trying to buy a bunch of them.
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 am

If you've got access to a woodshop or know someone who does, I've gotten huge mileage out of cutting down a masonite panel (i.e. whiteboard) down to something more table sized (I've found 18"x24" is more than sufficient) and putting permanent grid-lines on it (I recommend making slight cuts with an exacto-knife since they'll stand up to all the times you'll wipe it up). Draw what you want, add as you need, wipe away when you're done.
Back to top Go down
cyvaris
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
cyvaris

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:31 am

I've actually got a white board just for that purpose, I just like to spice it up with the dungeon tiles. Printing them in color and very flat makes for some great maps.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:22 pm

I actually use AutoCAD and then I can scale the images to whatever size I need. It works pretty well. But I tend to just use my dry erase tiles for everything. I have a 16 colour dry erase pen set that is pretty nice. My artistic ability isn't great, but they suffice!
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Goglutin

Character sheet
Name: Goglutin
Class: Bard (Jester/Writer)
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi,

I had to format my computer and I lost my Cbloader.

I reinstalled it but it no longer auto update ... someone knows how to update it with all the official stuff from WotC???

I'm a bit noob with stuff like that so a simple tutorial would be very appreciated.

Thx
Back to top Go down
BearTheCat
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi. Sorry for the Thread necromancy.
Did anyone ever make an update for CBloader with the info from the Ultramodern books?
Or do I have to learn how to do that from scratch?
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 6:54 am

Probably have to learn how to do that from scratch. Its not terribly hard, just time consuming. You're basically just writing in XTML and saving it as basic .txt documents with a .part extension.

To my knowledge though no one has ever done entries for the Ultramodern books.
Back to top Go down
BearTheCat
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 10:53 am

Unfortunately, the one page that looks like it might provide the useful information I need is a wiki that has been closed down.
If someone could just show me the basic process, I'd be out and away. Seems like every post I can find is specifically shying away from providing that. Hypothetically.
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet
Name: Durriken
Class: Disestablishmentarian
Race: Green dragon

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:09 am

Have you tried the wayback machine at https://archive.org/index.php

I found some good info there on cbloader three or four months ago.

TjD
Back to top Go down
BearTheCat
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 pm

That has to be one of the most bizare and counter-intuitive sites I've seen in a good long while. How on earth are you supposed to find anything. I kept getting into loops of "Click A". "Click B". "Click C". Now I'm back at "Click A"

Thanks for the help. Is there an instruction manual for that site?
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 6:54 am

Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet
Name: thanson02
Class: Monk
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 2:43 pm

You know it is a shame that CBLoader is a pain to get running on Windows 8. Just to get the Character Builder to work was an issue and we didn't get it to work on some people's computers.
Back to top Go down
Chris24601
Legend
Legend

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:18 pm

There's a reason I'm still running Windows7 (and I'm hoping Win10 will be a bit more compatibility friendly) and also why I'm working up my own 4E legacy game for when the CBLoader inevitably fails on me.
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 6:53 am

I had a heck of a time getting it running on Windows 8.1, but once I figured out what I was doing wrong it was so simple... I wrote up some directions for myself for the next time... If I can find them I will put them up on google drive and share them out.

TjD
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 am

Durriken: I would be all over that if share. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Okay, I found me directions. Of course this is assuming that you have the same files as I have. This worked for installing on Window 8.1 64 bit:

Run Character Builder.exe to install the base Character Builder program,
Do not take the default directory, but give it something of C: (I used C:\dnd4e\CharBuilder).
Run CharBuilderOctober.exe to update, be sure to update path that you used for the character builder.

Open CBLoaderV1.3.0.Zip and copy CBLoader.exe, default.cbconfig, NativeDebugWrappers.dll, and the Custom folder into you character builder folder.

Copy WotC.index into you "Custom" folder.

Run CBLoader.exe. It will download all the updated .part files from the internet. The Character Builder may start before this is done. Just close it. When the download and the load/apply is done, run CBLoader again. This time the character builder will open with all the .part files loaded.

TjD
Back to top Go down
Durriken
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
Durriken

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:16 am

The thing that really messed me up was the october update. If you don't get the update in there nothing works properly. Also, particularly on 64 bit OS, thing seem to go smoother with a custom application path.

TjD
Back to top Go down
BearTheCat
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I had to Right-click "Run as Administrator" to get CBLoader to work with the installer & updater programs. PITA!!!
Back to top Go down
thanson02
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer
thanson02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Alright. I am apparently missing WotC.index. Where is it located?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBloader for posterity?   CBloader for posterity? Empty

Back to top Go down

CBloader for posterity?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next