4ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4ENCLAVE

A new home for the 4th Edition of the Worlds Oldest Roleplaying Game

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?

Go down 
+10
thanson02
CHIA
skwyd42
Fjw70
seti
Scrivener of Doom
Kronides
ToeSama
Felorn Gloryaxe
Garthanos
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spock42
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer

What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:21 pm

skwyd42 wrote:

Forgotten Realms was never that interesting to me. There seemed to be just too many personalities to remember. And the "high-magic" feel to it was just not what I liked. I did like the Neverwinter Campaign setting book, though.

Forgotten Realms always seamed to be the "obligatory generic high fantasy" setting to me. Nothing really interesting about it, but was useful for everyone wanted a high fantasy setting that did not want to make it themselves
Back to top Go down
Semi-Retired Gamer
Wannabe Adventurer
Wannabe Adventurer
Semi-Retired Gamer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Dragonlance is what I would have liked to have seen.
Back to top Go down
http://semiretiredgamer.blogspot.com/
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:23 am

I don't know if anyone else here reads the d20Monkey webcomic or not, but the writer/artist (Brian Patterson) did a kickstarter to publish a book of his homebrewed campaign setting, Karthun. It looks really cool and I definitely like what I've seen of the setting.

Anyway, the setting book is system agnostic and I fully intend to use it for at least one of my future 4E campaigns (I have to wait until the book gets to me, hopefully around November/December this year). But I like it because I think it turns a lot of things that are "standard" for the typical fantasy campaign and puts a new twist on them.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 8:16 pm

The core setting actually has an actual name. I saw it in one of the magazines. I gotta find it. They just casually put it out listing all the settings and rended up accidentily revealing the name of the points of light setting.

But I can't say there is any old setting that appeals to me at all. I honestly just don't like the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Verbannon
Heroic Adventurer
Heroic Adventurer

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Oh after looking through carefully I realized it wasn't the name of the points of light setting. Just someone mistakenly confusing Oerth to still be the default setting.

Anyway I do like the points of light setting best as I find its lore most interesting. The default politics between Gods and the hell are especially to my taste. Wish there was a setting that had all the same assumptions and lore as the points of light setting.
Back to top Go down
skwyd42
Epic Adventurer
Epic Adventurer
skwyd42

Character sheet
Name: Alain Smith IV
Class: Vampire
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Verbannon wrote:
Oh after looking through carefully I realized it wasn't the name of the points of light setting. Just someone mistakenly confusing Oerth to still be the default setting.

Anyway I do like the points of light setting best as I find its lore most interesting. The default politics between Gods and the hell are especially to my taste. Wish there was a setting that had all the same assumptions and lore as the points of light setting.

There is such a setting. It is called "the setting you are making for your campaigns!" :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?   What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is peoples favorite un-done setting for 4e?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2